Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Baby Sleeping Bag recommendations

(11 Posts)
ChunkyPickle Thu 13-Dec-12 17:01:18

Just buy one, and make it second hand - don't do what I did, which is buy them in every size until he's 3 (gift token from family member) then discover you have a child who cannot stand having things around his legs when he's asleep......

I always used gro bags when dd was little they are the best imo. Now we use the purflo sleepsacs they come in different tog ratings and have sleeves you can zip on and off when it is cold.

Stripy1 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:56:51

We do a great one for just hanging out in the house - its called a nap sack, more like zipping round a blanket really. However ours is not togged as there is no filling and we have not tried to get it approved by any official body. www.thestripycompany.co.uk

hotbutteredcrumpets Fri 07-Dec-12 17:28:30

Thanks!

forevergreek Fri 07-Dec-12 12:23:35

The merino are def fine for SIDS. They regulate temperature and are made of breathable fibres ( ie you could actually sleep with one on your head if you wanted)

Hermionewastherealhero Fri 07-Dec-12 12:14:03

Tkmaxx have grobag ones for about £15, I got my ds a really cute one with an alien on from there this week

hotbutteredcrumpets Fri 07-Dec-12 12:10:26

Many thanks for your responses. I've just read that Grobags are the only ones approved by FSID. Do you think this is important? I'm torn because they are more expensive than others but obviously if they are 'safer' then it is worth the extra cost. Thanks again.

MrsMerryMeeple Tue 04-Dec-12 12:19:37

We have grobags and merino kids. Very happy with both.

We've never used our ikea ones... So can't compare the quality. (too hot in our house and they only come in 2.5 tog.

forevergreek Tue 04-Dec-12 11:49:11

Merino bags regulate temperature and are 0-2 years, 2-4 years so you only have to buy one ( or two if you want for older toddler) as you don't need winter and summer versions

firefly11 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:47:17

I have had a few but my favourite is the Grobag. Its just thicker, the sizing more generous, and it washes well.

hotbutteredcrumpets Tue 04-Dec-12 10:30:50

Which is the best baby sleeping bag? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now