Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Camera for a 4 year old

(6 Posts)
LadyLech Mon 08-Apr-13 21:33:18

I'd also second getting a cheap digital camera.

My DD had a vtech children's camera. I found it went through batteries too quickly, you had to unscrew the bottom to get the batteries out (which was a pain when they ran out whilst you were out!) and took rubbish pictures. The memory was really small too, so the hundreds of blurred fuzzes meant the camera soon ran out of memory (and again it was really hard to get the card in and out, and really fiddly to delete pictures). However, we got ours a few years ago now, so they have probably massively improved since then.

So, we bought her a cheap digital and a cord to wear it so she didn't accidentally drop it. However, she is a very sensible girl, and so we never had any problems. We actually got her a refurbished camera, so it was cheap as chips but also dead easy to use.

theonewiththenoisychild Mon 08-Apr-13 09:28:36

dd had kiddizoom twist she loves it can't go wrong with vtech imo smile

jobnockey Fri 02-Nov-12 13:14:18

Hmmm. not sure if 'sensible' is a word I would apply to my DS...

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

minceorotherwise Fri 02-Nov-12 12:42:02

The vteck kiddie zoom is supposed to be good, on the Christmas bargainous thread, someone posted an amazon offer relating to it, not sure if it's still live but worth a look

jobnockey Fri 02-Nov-12 12:39:33

DS will soon be 4. he loves being able to have a go with our camera so I think i'd like to get him his own. Any recommendations for a good quality cheap(ish) kids camera for a 4 year old? I love the look of the lego one and he would certainly love it to being a big lego fan, but not sure the picture quality is up to much - however, maybe I'm expecting too much of a kids camera!
any tips???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now