Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Laptop needs rebooting. How do i do it?

(4 Posts)
Emmielu Tue 30-Oct-12 09:57:40

My laptop is fucked to say the least.

The time and date is completely wrong on a daily basis. Today it says 24th October 2028. Time is: 20:20pm.
I cant open files that have words in because it comes up as symbols.
I cant access my online banking because i need to "enable cookies" so i've followed the instructions given on the website and it made no difference. I called my bank and they said they've never had issues like mine with online banking and it sounds like it could be my laptop. I cant apply online to jobs because it comes up as a file with symbols in it again.

I havent got any discs or a usb stick to save everything onto. Im reluctant to send it off to repair because i move into my new place next week so im going to need it to check my rent goes out. HELP

1sassylassy Tue 30-Oct-12 19:08:56

Do you run any anti virus on your laptop?It could be you have a virus,be careful about online banking unless your are certain your laptop is 100% clean.

ElbowFan Tue 30-Oct-12 19:14:30

Sounds like you have something you don't need in there!
Do you use a good antivirus package? If not AVG is free if you can download it.
I'd suggest you also download Malwarebytes if you can from www.malwarebytes.org/ and basically scan for nasties

ElbowFan Tue 30-Oct-12 19:15:38

Sorry cross post there - same thoughts though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now