Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Tommie Teepe Sterilisers in general HELP PLEASE

(4 Posts)
blondefeathers79 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:24:16

Hello All

This is probably a silly question but both my mum and I are baffeled. I had a little boy last week and have just bought a electric tommie teepie sterliser. It does 6 bottles at once but says as soon as the lid is opened the bottles are no lomger sterlie, so for example if I get one out to use, does that make the remaining 5 none sterlie? Doesn't make sense as to why you would do 6 if 5 would be worthless. Hmm Can't work it out at all please help you all know how many bottles i'm going through and am worried I am doing something wrong.

bonzo77 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:42:19

All the steam sterilisers are the same in this respect. Just open it up, make up the bottles with water that has been boiled and allowed to cool for 30 mins. Add powder then put at the back of your fridge immediately. Then warm them one at a time as you need them. When you are down to one bottle, sterilise and make up the rest so you don't run out.

Don't worry about getting confused. That's what being a sleep deprived new mum does to you!

GlaikitFizZombie Thu 25-Oct-12 19:47:56

I just popped the teet lids on the screwed the lids on until ready to make up a feed. Guidelines say not to make feeds in advance and I never did. I used just water and rapid cooled under the tap. The water needs to be above 70 degrees when mixed with the formula to kill any bacteria in the actual formula.

This is what worked for me, might not work for you.

PoppyScarer Thu 25-Oct-12 19:52:10

The Tommee Tippee microwave steriliser is much easier to use, FWIW. I had the electric one for DC1 and the microwave one for DC2, much easier!

The beauty of the microwave one is that you just zap it again for four minutes and you know the teats are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now