Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

where do you buy nice but cheap bedding?

(12 Posts)
Hattie11 Sun 16-Sep-12 23:38:23

I'm looking for nice duvets and pillow cases for my girls beds - no ghastly characters, just pretty.

Can't afford to spend much but need to be nice.

We all have Asda bedding at mo which has been fab and not gone bobbly, but their newer sheets have gone bobbly straight after first wash.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

cornzy Sun 16-Sep-12 23:40:49

Tk maxx
Ikea
Tj Hughes

Sainsbury's do some nice girls duvets, i think they are about £12 each. They wash up lovely, i have the butterfly one and the cupcake onesmile

Oh and Lidl's on the odd occasion do some nice ones too

crackcrackcrak Sun 16-Sep-12 23:43:23

if you dont find anything you like you could do plain dye (tesco or dunhelm) and accessorise with cushions/throw?

littlebluechair Sun 16-Sep-12 23:44:50

I have had lovely 100% cotton laura ashley stuff very cheap from ebay, the last set was only about £9 IIRC.

Hattie11 Sun 16-Sep-12 23:47:14

Ooh some good ideas there, thank you.

Now I'm not too good at ensuing - is there a knack to finding stuff and how to be sure stuff is new?

crackcrackcrak Sun 16-Sep-12 23:51:53

ikea bedding has improved a lot lately. i bought dd a lovely rose print set for i think 15 quid it was de in their basic range. i was expecting cardboard to come out of the dryer but it didnt its lovely though i might have ironed it anyway. it is nice thick cotton though. i too searched for non naff bedding.

steppemum Mon 17-Sep-12 00:03:53

my dd has a very pretty butterfly set that was tescos, and wasn't expensive. I found asda not a nice feel. The cheaper sets are all polycotton rather than cotton. Have a look at the percentage. If it is more than 50% polyester I think it will bobble. 60 cotton/40 poly is best.

Also look at John Lewis, especially for plain. And I bought plain sheets to match dds duvet at Dunelm

ebay always tells you if item is new or used, under item description
next home stuff is often a bargain on ebay

EldritchCleavage Mon 17-Sep-12 00:05:57

I've found good designer stuff at TK Maxx: Yves Delorme, Calvin Klein, Kenzo etc. I kitted the whole extended family out.

Buy plain white or plain other colour cheap and tye dye it.

OhTheConfusion Mon 17-Sep-12 00:11:51

BHS had nice bedding in and Groupon were doing a £20 BHS voucher for £9 this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now