Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Complicated stair gate tips needed!

(5 Posts)
Loolumboolum Wed 29-Aug-12 21:37:53

Evening all....
DS2 is about to start crawling. We live in a talk, thin newbuild townhouse. The stairs are bannister on one side, but have a skirting on the other.
I am looking for tips on a banister/skirting friendly, pressure fit gate.

Failing that, I'll have to out one over the playroom door, but I've only ever fitted a gate where there is no door. Forgive me, but how do you fit one without impeding the door from closing? Am I being stupid?

Loolumboolum Wed 29-Aug-12 21:38:20

*tall.... blush

Loolumboolum Wed 29-Aug-12 21:51:10

Cheeky bump...

NickNacks Wed 29-Aug-12 21:56:33

Put it on the outside of the doorframe.

Go and have a look and hopefully you'll see what I mean

So it goes on the other side of the thick' bit of frame which stops the door going right through into the other room.

Sorry am talking shit!

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 29-Aug-12 22:04:35

The skirting shouldn't be a problem because the screw fittings that the pressure pads are on have about 75mm variance in depth. So the top one can pressure fit to the wall and be sticking out more, the lower will be shorter and stick to the skirting.

When you buy one they say designed to fit an opening between x and y. Just make sure you measure your minimum width and maximum width (skirting to banister and wall to banister).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now