Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Large Personalised memory boxes

(9 Posts)
Frikadellen Sun 06-May-12 09:48:11

I am looking for keepsake/ memory boxes however I get stuck on sizes. I have 4 children and have collected items like first sleep suit first shoes cards from when they were born christened some birthday cards etc.. There is a fair bit. When I look for memory boxes they are always tiny and I would really like a box that is at a minimum 40cm wide and 20 cm tall. I would also like to place personal details on them so it is obvious what child it belongs to.

I dont want it to be cardboard I find it just breaks I would much prefer wood. Plus it has to have a lid.
I also do not want a toy box they are too large and we dont have the space for 4 of them.

I know I am likely being difficult but any ideas? (I dont mind having to pay a bit for them)

kittycat68 Sun 06-May-12 16:58:15

i used a local carpenter to make three for my children had thier names dates of bith etc engraved on them along with star signs etc the boxes had locks on them so they could not be opened, we saved them until they were ten before letting them open them to see what was inside! it was a few years ago now so prices have probably gone up since! i paid £100 each at the time.

you could go this route if you dont mind the cost at the time i couldnt find anything around either!

welovesausagedogs Sun 06-May-12 17:09:59
Frikadellen Sun 06-May-12 20:12:27

thank you Kittycat I may need to go to a carpenter..

welovesausages as beautiful many of these are the tallest is only 16 cm most of them 10-12 it is just not big enough and that has been my problem through out

scrappydappydoo Sun 06-May-12 20:34:45

I know this is quite basic but I reckon it could be personalised quite easily www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30170864/

Pascha Sun 06-May-12 20:46:55

How about this?

Pascha Sun 06-May-12 20:58:01
Frikadellen Tue 08-May-12 20:56:10

The plain box is fantastic I could paint or deputage them myself.. yes the other one is too big..

I love the one from the merchantchandler but sadly they don't do mail order

Thank you so much.

Lins58 Sat 23-Feb-13 19:17:46

Have you tried the wenlock box company? they make personalised oak memory boxes to any size you wish. have a look at www.wenlockbox.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now