Bodily oddities. What are yours? I have two eyebrow hairs that are at least half an inch long. They look like antennae.

(105 Posts)
Jacksmama Tue 01-Dec-09 00:44:33

Seriously, I have one in each eyebrow. I have to clip them or rip them out entirely, or they grow so long they sort of bow outwards and you can see them when you look at me sideways.

And then there's the single, translucent eyebrow hair that grows beside my left eyebrow. It's not white, it's whitish-clear. And it looks like nylon thread. Extremely bizarre.

Also, I have a single dark brown freckle on the tip of my left big toe. Highly visible in sandals (if anyone wants to bother looking at my toes, that is.) I've often been tempted to tattoo another one beside it, and a smiley mouth beneath.

Anyone else want to share bodily oddities?

lynseyclark Sun 23-Jun-13 11:48:32

my middle fingers bends outwards but only the top bit from second knuckle and upwards

i have a extra bone on the side of each foot

when i clean my ears i sneeze

also had 2 baby teeth where i had no adult ones to push them out but ive had them removed to make space for some freakishly large wisdom teeth

i can fold my tongue

and a few years back my mum started growing a horn lol well an extra bone sticking out of her forehead thou its been removed

there probably more im forgetting

im a freak i know

Gabeesh Sat 26-May-12 23:45:38

I once sneezed whilst eating egg fried rice and rice shot out of my ear. Once sneezed while drinking cola too and it came out of my nose.

Started developing a hairy chest (shame!) and have a permanently sore chin from plucking it every day - about 30 eyelash length hairs sprout overnight! Also have a patch of hair on my throat about an inch long - bit scared to trim them tbh.

Also used to have a third nip!

How much should I charge for admission?

ginmakesitallok Fri 17-Feb-12 17:24:17

DD1 has a tiny hole at the top of her ear (don't know if she's ever even noticed it). Problem is it looks just like a huge blackhead and every so often I have to control myself and stop myself from trying to squeeze it....

I've got freckles in all sorts of places where I never knew freckles could exist

RoRob Fri 17-Feb-12 17:20:09

I always grow a single long hair from the top of my right shoulder...I pluck it but it always returns.

DeeDee1977 Sat 04-Feb-12 13:43:06

I have something called geographic tongue, my mum had it too. I'm painfully embarrassed of it. I have white patches and quite deep fissures all over, and down the sides of, my tongue. It sometimes stings with particular foods, eg baked beans. I have to explain it every time I see a new dentist as they're always shocked, the last one thought the fissures were caused by me biting my own tongue?! I was so happy to discover my DD has a beautiful smooth, 'normal' tongue.

CaroleService Fri 27-Jan-12 19:18:18

shock at Moonshine! You are me!

travellingwilbury Fri 27-Jan-12 19:16:57

I only realised very recently I am a bit oddly formed , my fingers bend back so they are a right angles to my hands (make any sense at all ?)

I thought this was normal but apparently not , my dad noticed and of course didn't take the piss out of his freakish daughter at all grin

FriskyMare Fri 27-Jan-12 19:13:36

My second toes are twisted (makes appling nail varnish v. difficult), also have practically no nails on little toes. I actually quite like my feet, DH on the other hand hates them, but he has that weirdy big second toe thing grin

frownieface Fri 27-Jan-12 19:01:26

I have a 3rd nipple!

Emmielu Wed 25-Jan-12 07:10:44

I have a mole on the inside of my left boob that looks like a raisin up close. & me & DD have the same mole in the same place on the same arm. Everything else of her is her dad!

i have a patch of hair inherited from my dad and grandad at the base of my spine , also a gorgeous Cindy Crawford type mole/ beauty spot just above my top lip. I love it, people actually tattoo these on, mine is inherited from my nan and my 2 aunties also have the spot.

Drmelons Thu 04-Feb-10 19:27:16

See name!!! I have huge melons- 32H!! I kid you not!

I also only work part time- I need the rest of my week to pluck my facial hair!

AlisonOrdnung Sat 30-Jan-10 19:54:01

My ears don't curl over at the top. They look like satellite dishes. DH laughs at my 'big flappy ears'. But then I laugh at his beak like nose.

elk4baby Fri 29-Jan-10 18:13:29

my ears are different, one is a bit larger than the other and a different shape. my dad's are the same, only a mirror image . weird how such oddities are hereditary.

also, the skin on the soles of my feet is like the skin on my palms - quite thin and sensitive, not rough at all (not even after walking barefoot a lot). my feet are generally overly sensitive, makes wearing shoes and sandals a challenge because most rub me the wrong way that I get a blister after 5 minutes ... and my feet have been like this for as long as I remember... I would love to wear all the pretty strappy sandals

Emilywomble Fri 29-Jan-10 13:19:21

I can wiggle my ears too and an so happy not to be the only one. grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 29-Jan-10 13:07:44

I have strange fang teeth which 6 years of orthodontics corrected, but have come back with a vengeance since my wisdom teeth came through (waste of time, grumble grumble)

I also bruise and scar incredibly easily

Rubyrubyruby Fri 29-Jan-10 13:01:02

Greyskull - your socks are too tight grin

cyteen Fri 29-Jan-10 12:58:48

I have a fifth wisdom tooth. The dentist took one out as it was growing funny, and another one grew in its place.

Also get the random overnight-appearing white nylon hair...but on my chin blush

MayorNaze Fri 29-Jan-10 12:43:15

i have the smallest adult teeth that my orthodontist had ever fitted braces on [proud]

TidyBush Thu 28-Jan-10 23:15:45

wierd weird

TidyBush Thu 28-Jan-10 23:14:44

DH can click his ears.

I have very small ears and two wierd birthmarks - one on my arm looks like a duck and one on my calf looks like a victorian lady wearing a bustle (sp?).

Jacksmama Thu 28-Jan-10 23:02:37

Are you sure?

grin

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 28-Jan-10 18:16:41

I have a scar like line across the bottom of my ankles that looks like I have had my feet removed and stitched back on - Even though this has never happened hmm

My toes click when I walk, and have done since I was a child. It tends to freak people out a bit, especially when I try to play tunes with them.
DH and DS both have third nipples, and DS has a brown stripe in his otherwise green pupil of one eye.

Mermaidspam Wed 27-Jan-10 00:05:32

Mavis and wuglet - I have the same eyes as you both too!

I have weird eyelashes and eyebrows, they grow in dark then when they get to the right length, about 2-3 mm at the root is blond (makes my eyebrows look as if they stand out from my head like a cartoon character!)

Hence, I always wear mascara and eyebrow pencil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now