Bodily oddities. What are yours? I have two eyebrow hairs that are at least half an inch long. They look like antennae.

(105 Posts)
Jacksmama Tue 01-Dec-09 00:44:33

Seriously, I have one in each eyebrow. I have to clip them or rip them out entirely, or they grow so long they sort of bow outwards and you can see them when you look at me sideways.

And then there's the single, translucent eyebrow hair that grows beside my left eyebrow. It's not white, it's whitish-clear. And it looks like nylon thread. Extremely bizarre.

Also, I have a single dark brown freckle on the tip of my left big toe. Highly visible in sandals (if anyone wants to bother looking at my toes, that is.) I've often been tempted to tattoo another one beside it, and a smiley mouth beneath.

Anyone else want to share bodily oddities?

ToccataAndFudge Mon 25-Jan-10 21:52:33

I have crooked little fingers.

The left one is really obvious when I stretch my hand with my other fingers straight it looks like I'm still deliberately bending it, the right one not quite so obvious - but certainly doesn't straighten.

I still remember the agony when my piano teacher told me to "straighten my finger and grabbed it and tried to force it straight".............she was absolutely mortified when she realised I couldn't straighten it

Beauregard Mon 25-Jan-10 21:55:24

Also my index fingers are both so crooked that they turn outwards

ToccataAndFudge Mon 25-Jan-10 21:59:13

Pelvic - mine are crooked "inwards" - so when I "cup" my hands I don't need to move (and indeed they don't move lol) my little fingers (well I do my right one a little bit) I can bend them inwards just can't straight them

moonshine Mon 25-Jan-10 22:04:54

The top of my left ear is 'uncurled'.

I have a bone growth about the size and shape of a tennis ball above my left knee - have had it since I was about 7/8.

I daren't even start cataloguing my weird hairs....

drloves8 Mon 25-Jan-10 22:24:34

toccata , i have crooked little fingers too. they are much shorter than my other fingers (out of proportion )its the bones that are curved . (clynodactyl).
my ears are little - 5 cm top to bottom of the lobe. -they are different shapes too , and sort of folded over at the top. dd2 says im mr spock and tinkerbell the fairys love child grin .and i have a massive freckle on my bum , its dark brown and the size of a ten pence.- apparently when i was a baby my granny was scrubbing away at my butt like a mental-case because she couldnt get the sh*t off - except it was my wierd freckle! shockgrin lol x

Beauregard Mon 25-Jan-10 22:26:47

Toccataandfudge-Yes thats what i meant mine are bent towards the other fingers.Inwards doh!

wuglet Mon 25-Jan-10 22:31:02

Oooh MavisEnderby we have the same eyes!!
Have never seen anyone with same weird combination before.

I also have a "shitstain" birthmark on my r bumcheek (niiice)

drloves8 Mon 25-Jan-10 22:39:37

lol wuglet - i feel less of a wierdo oddity now. i thought i was the only one .grin .

FishInMyHair Mon 25-Jan-10 22:40:25

SixtyFootDoll - Snap, except my mole is not a 3D cocopop.
I also have a mole on the sole of my foot that has faded as I have got older.

drloves8 Mon 25-Jan-10 22:42:20

DH has a good freckle on his butt as well - its not a shitstain one though .... its sort of golden colour - and in the shape of the map of UK.

Fantastic thread.

My toenails grow in thickness and not in length (not fungal said the doctor)

One of my arm bones stopped growing way before it should have resulting in my hands sticking out and being tiny.

I have multicoloured fanjo skin from a lovely skin thing called lichen sclerosus.

Oh, in addition to the eyebrow thing, I also have different shaped and sized eyes and I have a pigmentation loss on my back that looks like some sort of country map. People always ask me about it!

Cooooool

More more!!!
grin

I can wiggle alternate eyebrows, am very proud DS has inherited this too grin

I also occasionally get one random, pure white hair or eyebrow hair; but if I pull them out they don't grow back. (Though give it a few more years/children and they probably will...)

bronze Mon 25-Jan-10 23:21:10

I have a rogue pube that got caught in my section scar (no idea how its about a metre above my pubes. But it wont grow properly so I can pluck it I can just see it

bronze Mon 25-Jan-10 23:21:44

oh and I have bent second fingers, this also means the nails grow oddly on those fingers

drloves8 Mon 25-Jan-10 23:31:28

MyNameIsInigoMontoya - you can wiggle your eyebrows alternitively...? like the chocolate add? grin
i can wiggle my nostrels (didnt realise wiggling bits was included).... only do it when very drunk though wink tis a party-piece!

I get a white hair growing out of my neck hmm

DD1 has a large mole on the inside of her leg

DD2 has moles on the palm of her hand, have been told its unusual to have moles on the palm.

Jacksmama Tue 26-Jan-10 00:31:23

Eeeeeewwwww!!!

<runs from own thread>

gringringrin

drloves8 Tue 26-Jan-10 00:33:57

ds4 has two bumholes grin
(well not really , one is just a strategicly placed dimple)

PoppityPing Tue 26-Jan-10 00:43:32

I can wiggle my ears and do Dr Spock eyebrows.

I have a hole <whispers> down there, but have never been pierced, it just appearedshock

I have an extra bone in each foot, which makes wearing shoes (as apposed to trainers) very difficult.

DP has a birth mark on his back which is a patch of hairs.

DS2 has a birth mark on his ankle which is heart shaped.

I am also double jointed and can get both legs behind my neck blush

SixtyFootDoll Tue 26-Jan-10 07:41:48

Dr Love i met a woman once who told her life had been ruined by having two bumholes. shock

LedodgyChristmasjumper Tue 26-Jan-10 08:27:19

I have a dimple at the back of each of my shoulders.

SaltireOShanter Tue 26-Jan-10 08:35:26

I have a dimple at the base of my spine, which has some hairs in ithmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now