Normal things people do that really get on your nerves

(18 Posts)
chanice Mon 04-Apr-16 23:20:37

Things that aren't wrong or weird but just wind you up.
People who do more than one sneeze at a time. My friend can never do one sneeze, has to do five and says bless you inbetween every one.
People who serve cold apple pie.
People who wear body warmers with short sleeve tops.
When you are talking to someone and they start checking out what your wearing and don't think you can notice they have dropped eye contact.

jessica132 Fri 13-May-16 12:19:13

When people eat and for some reason I don't or am not able to.
When I illegally download a song and a popup opens.
When I see Becky with the good hair grin

NoSpamPam Fri 13-May-16 12:26:18

When people sneeze loudly
Loud foreign phone conversations on the bus. It irritates me not knowing whether they are snagging or chatting
People who stare yet don't say hi or smile
Fake tan and dark fake eyebrows
Long nails
Saying babez
Smoking
Blocking the road to chat
Loud conversations
Smelling people's chewing gum

recall Fri 13-May-16 12:27:32

exiting a yawn with a stupid "ya ya - ya ya YAH !!!" with a surprised facial expression

JeanGenie23 Fri 13-May-16 12:27:38

Talking on your phone loudly so that everyone on the bus knows your bloody business angry

RichardCliff Fri 13-May-16 12:30:12

When my mum asks me in out daily phone conversations what I'm having for tea and unless I tell her that it's some English staple like Shepherd's Pie, she'll act like it's the weirdest thing she's every heard of and then get me to describe in detail exactly what goes into it and how to cook it. Then she'll tell me it sounds love apart from the fact she hates every single one of the ingredients confused

Lottapianos Fri 13-May-16 12:32:21

'People who do more than one sneeze at a time'

That's my DP - its usually 7 or 8 in a row. And yes it drives me potty

Other totally unreasonable things:

Coughing
Yawning
Talking loudly in public
Not wearing sunglasses when its sunny
Making any noise whatsoever when eating or drinking
Shuffling along on the pavement or in the supermarket - move your bum!
Taking your entire family to the supermarket

StealthPolarBear Fri 13-May-16 12:34:05

Recall I know exactly what you mean. Our dog used to do that smile

JeanGenie23 Fri 13-May-16 12:34:17

Ooo another hatred of mine is when a family or group of people walk really slowly across the whole of the pavement arrrggghhh move out the way or speed up!

RichardCliff Fri 13-May-16 12:37:11

Lottapianos Taking your entire family to the supermarket Yes to this! Also people who take the whole family out on a dog walk crowding up the pavement and walking at a snails pace waiting for a trail of DC to catch up.

StVincent Fri 13-May-16 12:42:25

Yes Jean, if they're totally blocking the pavement I always feel tempted to just hurl myself at a weak point in their row to get through I have actually done this, people look surprised

Women who have little, teensy tiny, girly sneezes like sneezing is SOOOO unladylike and they couldn't possibly.

Men who think a formal greeting, at a work meeting say, involves kissing female - but not male - colleagues on the fucking cheek. Get. Off. My. Face.

MrsLids Fri 13-May-16 12:46:10

recall
exiting a yawn with a stupid "ya ya - ya ya YAH !!!" with a surprised facial expression

This.

Or after a yawn "wow wa weee waaaa" whilst exhaling.

Lottapianos Fri 13-May-16 12:49:54

RichardCliff, just people getting in the way in general!

Noisy yawning makes me murderous too

StVincent Fri 13-May-16 12:55:00

Tea slurpers all need killing. There, I've said it at last having thought it for years.

RichardCliff Fri 13-May-16 12:56:06

Lottapianos Totally agree with you. I get unreasonably mad at retired people who go browsing around the shops on the weekend. You've got all week to browse and get in people's way. Now it's the weekend, people with 9 to 5s need to shop. Fuck off. M&S is the absolute worst.

RichardCliff Fri 13-May-16 12:57:19

StVincent My DH slurps everything. Eurgh. I hate it. I'd LTB if I didn't need someone to walk the dog first thing in the morning.

MrsLids Fri 13-May-16 13:19:07

Also, noisy, heavy, punchy typing and loud sighs when at work...gives off the impression they are SO busy!

DawgDawg Fri 13-May-16 13:21:54

People at work clicking their fucking biros/pens angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now