Who'd like to join me in a supermarket checkout experiment?

(281 Posts)

Anyone?

It's quite fum...

harverina Tue 23-Sep-14 23:59:26

I've done it a few times recently and I find it hilarious! Dh thinks it is pathetic ha!!

DadDadDad Tue 23-Sep-14 23:49:46

Is anyone still doing this and does it need publicising outside of "Only joking"? I've tried it a couple of times but there's been no response from anyone worth reporting.

BoiledPiss Mon 11-Aug-14 22:24:47

I have just seen this thread and am gutted i did my big shop today! sad

I may have to 'run out' of something tomorrow!

TheReluctantCountess Fri 25-Jul-14 19:55:25

I can't wait for my next trip to the supermarket! Such fun!

MostlyMama Fri 27-Jun-14 14:28:07

Did this yesterday for the first time in Morrisons, old man behind me huffed grunted and put it the proper way, I didn't have the balls to swap it back again. I think I will like playing this game grin

madeofkent Sat 07-Jun-14 12:36:55

My son is a willing conspirator. If he thinks the belt is going too fast for me in Lidl or Aldi, he presses on it to slow it down. He also feels below the belt for the mechanism and sometimes stops it completely. (I had to put a stop to him doing that in case we were banned!) He will be delighted to hear of a new way to be subversive, as he has been bumped on the back of his ankles several times in the past by over-eager shoppers.

Hairylegs47 Sun 01-Jun-14 15:49:18

No one cares here. I'm well gutted.
I can't wait til I go back to the UK this month.
What a sad do I am!

TheFarceAndTheSpurious Sat 24-May-14 21:07:51

Aldi: one man another till, another woman snappily corrected.

Strawdolly Thu 22-May-14 17:22:13

Hmm, could be a bit fishy, Error, hope she hasn't eaten it confused

I just tried it in Tesco. There was no-one there for a while then a lady came up, corrected the position and unloaded her trolley. She didn't bat an eyelid sad

Error123 Thu 22-May-14 17:09:37

Am I the only one concerned about lazypepper's cock flavoured soup???

LatinForTelly Thu 22-May-14 16:34:35

This is a lark! But quite a scary one. I wasn't brave enough to do it at my last shop [wimp]. Will try again next week.

Mostly, I want to spot another Mumsnetter doing it and know that they are part of the viperhood.

MarysDressSways1 Thu 22-May-14 16:19:05

Haha, what a genius idea. Next time I do the big shop I'll take photos. Might be taking my life into my hands (east London) but I'm willing to take the risk.

PotsofGold Thu 22-May-14 15:57:57

Did it in Tesco today. Elderly couple came along, looked at the divider, looked at me as if I was crazy and then muttered something under their breaths at each other, but left the divider alone...

DS1 was playing a game on my phone, so no pictures.

Will do better next time, might try for the triangle. grin

'swot we call Marks.

For all of teh LOLZ.

wink

I think I you love you for this Chaos.

What is S&M?

<worried>

I did it in S&M and DD3 told me off for <<stagewhisper>> "Not doing it right".

I told her that Mumsnet told me to do it. wink

I am not cunning enough for the photography.

Just did it in Asda. No one behind me <sulks>

Hairylegs47 Wed 21-May-14 17:15:05

Rats, it's not working in Saudi, no 'next customer' bars. Well actually, they have them, but they don't like them being used hmm. The guy looked at me like I'd asked for a bacon sarnie the moon.
Typical!

godlessdomestic Mon 19-May-14 21:12:19

I did this the other day.. Checkout operator asked if it was a new craze grin

TSSDNCOP Mon 19-May-14 21:04:49

Imagine if you did this and made a Z

-
/
-

Would the universe implode?

BadRoly Mon 19-May-14 20:39:09

Well I did it in Lidl this morning and had almost given up hope if anyone joining behind me. When someone did I was too busy throwing stuff in the trolley to notice if she did anything more than 'just' turn it the allegedly correct way!

Awks Mon 19-May-14 18:06:39

I just did it in Aldi. The woman behind me actually did turn it round. Amazing.

Awks Mon 19-May-14 15:26:10

Cant wait to do it overseas and be able to explain that's how English people do it grin

pokeydot Mon 19-May-14 15:24:48

I love this have been giggling like a child at the very thought of doing this next time!!

chairyhin Mon 19-May-14 15:08:35

I did it in homebargains,Iceland,farmfoods and asda,I couldn't stop with the stupid grinninggrin.Some folk really are moaning arses lol snatching it and staring like I had horns on my headsmilemy dd 11 was mortified in asda and kept trying to put it right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now