Re-doing the bathroom ... ! (For want of a better title?)

(6 Posts)
PiecesOfCake Mon 10-Aug-15 19:30:15

Did any of you who had 1DC but wanted more, do anything specific to try to put it behind you?

In our house, we are thinking of moving our teeny tiny bathroom into what would have been DC2's room. It makes perfect sense for our 'gang of three' but at the moment, keeping that bedroom still gives me (false?) hopes that a DC2 might arrive to fill the space. After 2 MCs and with age not on my side I was thinking that making it into a lovely big family bathroom would be a kind of closure.

Your thoughts please MN'ers smile ?

MerdeAlor Tue 11-Aug-15 08:58:21

It sounds like an excellent idea to me Piecesofcake

We didn't do anything, the idea never occurred to me but I think it is a great positive step forward.

Why not tailor you life to suit the three of you?

PiecesOfCake Wed 12-Aug-15 20:43:11

Merci, Merde. And also for your positivity on the other thread. It means a lot to me to receive a response from someone who understands the pain. You mentioned mourning and that is the right word. I'll make this part of a concerted effort to move on and be happy as three.

KatyS36 Wed 19-Aug-15 16:05:02

We're now recarpeting and declutterring most of our house after accepting DC2 isn't going to happen. I needed something to pour energy into, other than DD.

MerdeAlor Fri 21-Aug-15 18:37:30

Good idea Katy.
We had a lovely indulgent holiday this year that we couldn't and wouldn't have done with two children.

After a while the pain fades, truly it does. Acceptance happens and you love the cozy unit of three.

Elsie212 Fri 28-Aug-15 20:55:13

We were looking to downsize to get rid of the 4th bedroom but decided we would use it for an extra-special playroom for DD.

Spoiled, yes. But you only get one childhood & we waited a long time for her.

We're allowed to do these thingssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now