tea room 36 - Teh Alpine Chalet

(1000 Posts)
UniS Tue 07-Jan-14 23:15:53

Welcome to the Tea rooms newest incarnation. A cozy log cabin with a roaring log fire, comfy chintz sofas and a dedicated man about the house, our Butler, Mellors. Out of the windows you can see sparkling white snow gently drifted up under the green Christmas trees and bright blue skies. Children can all be packed off to play healthy outdoor stuff while we stay snug n warm in here with our mulled wine, tea,artisan hot chocolate and other beverages served in mugs, glasses or buckets.

The usual rules apply - no fisticuffs. And no messing with the aspidistra.

UniS Mon 05-May-14 21:44:35

:: Unis enters the tea room, she is pulling a LARGE trunk behind her, UNis places teh aspidistra in the trunk, and the preisthole, and a hay pile , some artisan mugs, a chintz sofa and a stack of very small frying pans. UniS leaves the room, her tracks through the snow lead to ::

a new tea room

Donki Mon 05-May-14 21:42:03

《Clattering hooves as Donki duves down the priesthole and hides under the glorious donki bkanket》

Donki Mon 05-May-14 18:07:07

Another well done! to boy here.

CMOTDibbler Mon 05-May-14 17:26:36

Well done to Boy!
We had a great ride yesterday of 14 miles on the road, which is Ds's longest ride so far and only one drink of water stop. Serendipitously, just as we were getting close to home and ds was complaining that he hated uphills, a group of club cyclists came along and all greeted him really cheerily - at which point he stopped complaining and tried to catch them grin

mistlethrush Mon 05-May-14 08:44:15

Well done to Boy! Mistlechick is still chuffed about getting a first in junior handler with mistlehound. She's not the brightest spark, but she does do her best!

UniS Sun 04-May-14 22:35:52

proud mum moment, boy came second in his bile race today. A close race , he was battling it out with one of his closest rivals for 3rd place when the race leader had a moment, panicked and stopped for a few seconds, in which time boy and rival past him. Good racing from all of the top half dozen kids.

Jacksmania Sun 04-May-14 01:23:26

The Jack is 6 and has been playing Minecraft since last fall some time. I'm actually quite amazed at what he builds, some of his houses and worlds are really beautiful.

UniS Sat 03-May-14 22:34:56

boy wants me to put minecraft on the PC, so far I've convinced him I can't get it to run on an Ubuntu operating system. He plays occasionally at friends.
at home boy tends to chose logic puzzle games on the "friv for schools" web site. or watches Lego club vids. Also likes to watch bike race highlights , dh Finds those for him.

Donki Sat 03-May-14 22:22:18

I have loved Star Trek since I was wee. I used to get so excited on Star Trek nights that I would run a fever. I was allowed to sray up late to watch it if I was ready for bed first.

Scout19075 Sat 03-May-14 22:09:56

Finally got to watch the latest Star Trek in it's entirety. I do love Star Trek. I'm such a geek.

Donki Sat 03-May-14 21:18:13

The YD has been playing Minecraft for about 2 years (since he was 9).

The LeCreuset might be a bit heavy to carry so far Scout - but feel free to join in with the NMB manouvres. They have turned into a crack team of formation frying pan wielders...

We might be heading in your direction in 3 weeks Scout (if you live where I think you do)

CMOTDibbler Sat 03-May-14 21:10:20

DS has been playing Minecraft, but only the app, since he was 7 1/2.

Scout19075 Sat 03-May-14 20:55:25

Donki, I might be over your way in the next few days -- shall I pack my LeCrueset frying pan? I've been practicing the same maneuvers as the NMBs so am sure I could be in sync with them....

What age(s) have the Tea Room Boys started on Minecraft? Just out of curiosity, really.

I'm geeking out tonight and watching Star Trek Into Darkness and debating whether to crack open my penultimate root beer or not. Should really be packing and getting ready to leave tomorrow but Star Trek is way more fun.

Jacksmania Sat 03-May-14 18:20:53

Donki, the YD sounds exactly like my DS grin
Minecraft videos on YouTube (I loathe Stampy, and DanTDM is getting on my nerves lately), and Minecraft on the big computer, whenever he's allowed. They're obsessed!!!

I must have missed it. MrD is moving out in two weeks?
I'm so sorry. I'd really like to kick his sorry arse.

Donki Sat 03-May-14 15:01:55

Mmmm, if Mellors keeps producing breakfasts like these I will end up spherical...

LushAndVerdant Sat 03-May-14 08:52:52

Aha. This is where I have just demonstrated my ignorance of all things Minecraft.

Donki Sat 03-May-14 08:30:14

He has a tablet and enjoys using it, but the tablet version of minecraft is nowhere near as modifiable. Even the vanilla version is much more basic. He mostly watches minecraft you tube videos on his tablet - and plays terraria.

LushAndVerdant Sat 03-May-14 08:01:57

Morning all!

::returns to Mellors' gourmet breakfast buffet of requirement::

I know nothing about Minecraft and what you need for it, but is there any chance you could buy a suitable tablet or similar for the YD to play on, Donki?

Donki Sat 03-May-14 07:17:47

The YD is very happy at the prosoect of a long weekend. He just wishes it was longer.

A lot longer.

By several years grin

His main worry about MrD leaving in 2 weeks is that he plays Minecraft on MrD's desktop computer... and it might go with MrD.

We have another computer but it is not as fast and can't cope with all the mods the YD likes to use.

Scout19075 Fri 02-May-14 08:15:05

Mmm, breakfast! Yum. <<pushes Mellors out of the way to get to the food>>

LushAndVerdant Fri 02-May-14 08:01:56

Commiserations to everyone whose day hasn't started well and congratulations to those who have fared better.

Do tuck into Mellors' gourmet breakfast buffet of requirement.

Scout19075 Fri 02-May-14 07:51:40

SB was awake from about 1-ish until sometime after 5. <<yawn>>

Donki Fri 02-May-14 07:16:57

sad MT

I have sent Mellors and the NMBs round with breakfast and brew

mistlethrush Fri 02-May-14 07:01:42

You had my share perhaps Donki... At work because a colleague didn't do something they said they would do last night....

Donki Fri 02-May-14 06:57:25

Hurrah! Slept much better last night.

I feel positively bouncy by comparison with recent weeks.

I hope it's not just a one off.

This thread is not accepting new messages.