2 miscarriages might mean no sibling for DS

(6 Posts)

Morning ladies

I haven't posted in this section before and not really sure what I am trying to say - just helps to write it down!!

DH and I have a gorgeous DS who is 4 years old. We started ttc number 2 last July and have had 2 miscarriages this year and I'm starting to wonder if we will only have one DC - it's hard not to think something is wrong with my body in carrying pregnancies ( both miscarriages have been at 5-6 weeks).

I am trying to be positive about things and focus on building a career in my chosen industry however DH and I are still longing for another child and now DS has started asking!!

The most recent miscarriage was only 3 weeks ago so we are still feeling pretty sad about that but I just wanted to hear some positive stories of having one DC - everyone seems to give us the impression DS will suffer somehow from having no sibling.

Thanks (and sorry for waffling!) xx

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sun 23-Jun-13 08:57:42

So sorry to hear of your sad news. It's happened to me and it's a very deep well of sadness.

However, after losing 3 babies, we now have 2 DCs. He was worth the wait and the pain and the doubt and we couldn't be more delighted.

We didn't even think about trying for No 3 though. We couldn't tempt fate again.

Keep going, I conceived DS2 only 4 months after losing my 3rd. He is now 3 years old!

Thanks so much for sharing chocos - it's so good to hear positive stories of successful pregnancies after losses.

We would love another dc and the longing is so hard to describe to people who haven't experienced it - the longing is always tinged with the sadness for the babies lost - I should be either 9 weeks pregnant or 30 weeks at the moment but lost them both :-(

mum23girlys Sun 23-Jun-13 10:41:35

Hi sorry for your losses x. I also lost 2 babies. 1 before I had my twins and the 2nd between twins and dd3. I waited 6 months after my 2nd mc before ttc again. I just wasn't emotionally ready. I was desperate for another baby but knew I just couldn't cope with pregnancy again at that time. I lost a much needed 2 stone that had been stubbornly hanging on since twins were born and then we went on a family holiday to Disney and I came back pregnant. Had a trouble free pregnancy and my beautiful dd3 was born 2 years ago on her due date. She's just amazing and I feel blessed every day.

My mil also had 2 mc between my dh and his db. Again a 5 year gap in the end

RobotElephant Sun 23-Jun-13 11:00:13

Sorry about your MCs. Don't give up hope though. 3 MCs and 2 years TTC and I'm finally 22 weeks. Its been very difficult getting here, but don't give up flowers

Thanks ladies - I really appreciate all your comments xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now