Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Scout19075 Tue 19-Feb-13 08:47:50

Warning: moaning about to happen

SmallBoy decided that Mommy would just LOVE to share his pink eye. Gah! Eyes make me squeamish at the best of times, never mind putting eye drops into my own eyes. I cleaned some spectacular gunk out this morning.

Gah!

MrScout is back to wearing his glasses, just in case. They're not the right prescription since he tends to only wear them in the house so now I'm worried about him driving in the fog in them.

Gah.

Jacksmania Tue 19-Feb-13 14:59:56

Gah indeed!!! I loathe pink eye. ((((((*HUGS*)))))) for speedy healing.

Scout19075 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:04:18

Is it me or is MN worse this half-term break than previous ones?

mistlethrush Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:07

wine anyone? Long journey done.

Bike ordered - they recommended the 24" and said the 26" would require another 7 months approx....But there seems to be plenty of room to extend the 24" so that should be fine.

Mistlehound very pleased to see us - I think that she likes the attention she gets....

CMot's DS and mine managed to end up friends - they appear to be remarkably similar in character, so this was pretty good going!!! They both managed to get extremely muddy... but they'll wash....

Scout19075 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:31:58

Gah, and so it begins, SmallBoy is becoming a boy -- he just announced "Mommy, I farted!" shock Seeing as it's not a word he would hear at home I can only guess he heard it at soft play yesterday. <<Faints away>>

brew anyone? I feel flat and need a pick me up but suspect it's too early to put SB to bed and start on the wine.

Scout19075 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:35:16

That should be "SmallBoy is becoming a BigBoy."

Gah.

Scout19075 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:55:48
beanandspud Thu 21-Feb-13 19:03:44

We have a Small Bean with a wobbly tooth shocksadconfused.

I know it's only a tooth but strangely it feels like a big milestone. Am I being a bit soft that he's growing up too fast?

mistlethrush Thu 21-Feb-13 19:27:33

MC was the first to lose a tooth in his class - in reception. Some of his year have only just lost the equivalent tooth - its very variable!

Scout19075 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:24:47

bean, I'd say it's a milestone worthy of a wobble. (Ha!) Would a wine help?

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 17:01:28

Definitely wine time here. Roll on bedtime (for SmallBoy)!

We're not long home from the swimming pool and he's begging for snacks forgetting about the oodles he ate at the pool while we were getting dried & dressed and I can't make his dinner cook any faster.

mistlethrush Fri 22-Feb-13 17:22:49

Swimming always seems to make them very hungry...

DS was very disgruntled at having to go to sports camp for the day today. I'm not sure what he thought he was going to do all day if he didn't go.... We shall have to sort something more acceptable out for Easter and the summer hols!

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 17:51:06

Oh yes, I know. He eats loads after half-an-hour lessons so I packed a full lunch for today. He's just wolfed a plate of pasta and is now having a dessert. I expect a plea for something else soon.

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 20:51:20
beanandspud Fri 22-Feb-13 21:23:49

winewinewine!!!

Swimming always makes Small Bean hungry although at the moment I struggle to fill him, he seems to be constantly hungry.

We have successfully survived/juggled/enjoyed half term - phew!

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 22:21:55

Fresh Prince

Yay for half-term survival!

What's everyone up to this weekend?

beanandspud Fri 22-Feb-13 22:30:33

Top up wine Scout?

We have quite a busy weekend, friends over tomorrow for my birthday 'celebration', swimming and party for Small Bean tomorrow and then Sunday will be a rush of getting uniform ready for Monday, reading school book, checking spellings etc...

What about the Scout troop?

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 22:37:21

Ooooh, bean, when's your birthday?

Scout Troop is off to pub lunch on Sunday with friends -- the same friend's who's birthday party we went to at the beginning of the month. SB and their three year old are fast becoming friends and both talk about the other and have similar interests (trains!). But like typical three year old boys they fight then are off on the floor playing with trains/cars/trucks like they hadn't just been bashing each other. Not that they bash each other often but it does happen over trains/cars/trucks. As long as they don't use the toys to hit neither my friend or I stress about it too much as we know it's part of growing up.

beanandspud Fri 22-Feb-13 23:07:32

Birthday is tomorrow, another year passed and all that...

I recognise the trains scenario as we have similar with Small Bean and one of his friends! The collapsing bridge and resulting major train disasters are a regular emergency here!

Scout19075 Fri 22-Feb-13 23:40:30

Happy Birthday, Bean! (gets in there early)

When we went to buy a birthday present SB choose an engine that he has for G because he loves it so thought G would like it, too. Turns out G loves it almost as much as SB whew, what a relief.

mistlethrush Sun 24-Feb-13 09:57:16

Late Happy Birthday!

We've had MiL staying so on-line time limited!. DH has had gastric flu.... All go in our house!!!

UniS Mon 25-Feb-13 21:30:51

Happy Bathday bean.

thanks and biscuit biscuit biscuit and wine wine for you to get this party started

I was off line in Cornwall last week. MiL would have a hissy fit if I had been on line on a a phone when I could have been "sociable". Thankfully knitting IS socially acceptable. so I knitted a lot .

mistlethrush Mon 25-Feb-13 22:50:45

grin Unis. I ended up going to bed VERY early on Sat pm!

I'm on the wine tonight as it appears to be easy my stomach ache.... I don't know why I have it - very unusual....

Scout19075 Tue 26-Feb-13 10:09:11

SmallBoy is unwell. Seems to be a lot of it in the three-year old set (of my FB friends). Know how I know he's unwell? He didn't even want to hold/play with a train in bed this morning. shock He's asleep again, cuddled up next to me on my bed. I dare not move (earlier this morning he fell asleep and I got off the bed to get drinks he woke up). Sick bucket at the ready but I think sleep is what he needs.

mistlethrush Tue 26-Feb-13 10:38:36

I hope he's feeling better soon Scout - he must be ill if he's not interested in a train!

None of us have been fully fit over the weekend, and DS is still somewhat under the weather - didn't help having a nightmare last night and he woke up tired and grumpy this morning.

Bike in box in hall, awaiting assembly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now