Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Scout19075 Tue 10-Dec-13 10:54:05

SB had a follow up at the hospital for his eyes today. He was a star. The glasses have made a HUGE improvement to his vision. Just one more appointment there and she's going to release him back to the family optician. Big relief because they considered patching him and I could imagine the stress it would cause him (he sobbed having his good eye covered to test his vision and that was for five minutes).

mistlethrush Tue 10-Dec-13 15:59:36

Good news on the eyes and glasses then Scout - I hope MrScout has stopped being critical about the style? grin

Scout19075 Tue 10-Dec-13 16:36:24

MrScout knows to keep his opinion about the style to himself since SB chose them and he mostly keeps them on and only fidgets with them when he's tired but insists he keeps them on for bedtime stories so he can see the book. People at home loved his glasses. SB will keep on with the glasses but they have made a huge difference and I'm very relieved to not have to fight with patches.

UniS Thu 12-Dec-13 22:55:55

Good that Mr Scout has learned to keep stuum on certain subjects.

ANy one got room for a mince pie?

I'll not be typing much tonight. I have small cuts on two finger tips- ouch. NO idea where teh 2nd on came from, the first was a bit random too.

Do you like teh tea room christmas lights? I havnt' gone too over board with them have I? Mellors and I just kept on on finding shiney sparkly things in the shed.

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 20:36:24

<<clip clop, clip clop>>

Scout19075 Mon 16-Dec-13 20:49:23

<<Scratches Donki behind the ears and offers a bucket of carrots>>

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 21:00:57

《Crunches carrots loudly and Looks longingly at the tea pot》
Just thought I would drop by and see how the aspidistra is doing! grin

Mellors looks in good form...

I wish I could come on holiday in RL. I spent last week filling in form SEN9 for the YD to try and get a statement...

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 21:02:49

(The ear scratch is wonderful! Thank you Scout)

mistlethrush Mon 16-Dec-13 21:15:41

Form filing not fun. Had to do one for the vets (insurance) today - not very long but still not good.

Dog very sleepy.

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 21:17:19

MT Sorry to hear that Dog is not well.

UniS Mon 16-Dec-13 21:32:02

The aspidistra is fine, I thought a little garland of fairy lights round it would suit, the light shines nicely on the highly polished leaves .
Form filling - bah humbug.
Holidays in the tea room- Yea.

Hello Donki. Our Church Nativity last night included a real Donkey! one who could do steps and didn't wee on the floor. I wouldn't have been surprised if one or two of the angels had weed on the floor, two of them were right little pickles. Boy was Joseph , he got to carry a big stick and looked a total dude in a a blue robe and red belt & head scarf.

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 21:52:27

fgrin to real donkey

(although unsure about the implication that I might not be real... Hmm!)

UniS Mon 16-Dec-13 22:01:26

sorry Donk, no slur intended. I meant real as opposed to the hobby horse one we had last year. Mind you, last year our chuch Nativity was held at eth tiny chapel in the "other " village of the Parish*, so I'm not sure Nazareth ( the Donkey of this year) would have fitted.

* this Parish is Geographically HUGE, It has two villages and a scattering of hamlets and farms. There is a Church (large) in the older Village ( small), and a chapel ( V small) in the larger newer ( laid out in 1299) village.

Donki Mon 16-Dec-13 22:05:27

Sounds lovely UniS

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 18-Dec-13 17:57:49

Hello Donki ::Scratches your ears:: Hello everyone ::Claps you to my ample bosom::

Sounds as if SB's vision issues are similar to The Girl's. We did, though, have to do patching, so it's a lucky escape that you've managed to avoid it.

We are on duty making mulled wine for our carol service on Sunday. Would anyone like a sneak preview now?

wine (also available by the galvanised bucket, for those who so prefer).

Jacksmania Wed 18-Dec-13 18:26:58

<offers Donki some lovely tender hay and hand-picked carrots>

Hello everyone! I'd love some mulled wine wine.

<offers round maple syrup glazed Christmas cookies>

mistlethrush Wed 18-Dec-13 18:41:35

I wouldn'tmind a bucket of mulled wine - particularly if the alcohol hasn't all been boiled off (I'm sure it won't have been if you're making it Maud). I'm singing in the carol service on Sunday. I'm also helping out singing athe Krispy Kreme doughnut factory on Saturday afternoon for mistlechick's new choir.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 18-Dec-13 18:55:03

Ooh. I'll gladly trade wine for a maple syrup glazed cookie.

::Proffers wine all round::

You have the Krispy Kreme factory near you, Mistle?

Donki Wed 18-Dec-13 19:31:11

A bucket of mulled wine!
How can I turn down such an offer?

Carrots and hay greatly appreciated too...

Donki Wed 18-Dec-13 19:31:37

Thank you!

UniS Wed 18-Dec-13 20:13:48

Mulled wine AND doughnuts.... I have found paradise.

Wish me luck - I am about to dismantle the PC. and move the desk! If you see me again, wave.

Donki Wed 18-Dec-13 20:39:21

Good luck! UniS

Scout19075 Wed 18-Dec-13 21:27:36

Good luck, UniS!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 18-Dec-13 21:33:00

I third that. Good luck, UniS!

Scout19075 Wed 18-Dec-13 22:24:21

For some reason my thread wasn't showing all of the messages. I've just noticed people coming back for Christmas?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now