Lanterns nursery docklands

(71 Posts)
Asteroid Mon 02-Feb-09 19:33:02

Hello,
The ofsted reports for Lanterns' nursery in docklands are taken off the web because the nursery recently moved. And ofsted hasn't visited the new place yet. Any feedback/comments regarding Lanterns?
I like both Lanterns and My nursery but I would like hear some feedback before I make a decision.

Many thanks.

joy36 Fri 12-Mar-10 10:32:54

Can't seem to do the contact thing..!!

maoftwo Mon 15-Mar-10 11:12:08

Hi Joy36 and islandmummy,

We had similar problems with Lanterns when I tried to put my son in baby room and had to pull out during settling period itself. I would like to know how to get the deposit back.
and most importnat thing where are sending your baby now.

Will be glad if could talk in detail. Let me see if I can get contact thing working.

maoftwo Mon 15-Mar-10 13:57:46

Seems like only way to contact is by paying for the membership...will think of some way if you (Joy36 / islandmummy) are happy to talk.

joy36 Mon 15-Mar-10 15:07:56

More than happy to talk as it is such an important issue and I feel for you guys.x

maoftwo Tue 16-Mar-10 16:09:44

Hi Joy36,
thanks. If you could email me on maoftwo@hotmail.co.uk (just created for this purpose for temp use)...once I have your email I will mail you from my actual email.
Hope this sounds okay.
Many thanks

islandmummy Wed 17-Mar-10 09:13:53

Me again! I enabled the contact thing so it's frustrating that it doesn't work. Try me at pepperskittens@hotmail.co.uk

maoftwo Wed 17-Mar-10 14:32:31

Hi islandmummy, I tried to email you on pepperskittens@hotmail.co.uk but it bounced back.

islandmummy Wed 17-Mar-10 18:10:16

I think it might have been closed (I haven't used it in a while) as it won't let me log in either. Ok, try princesabeckita@yahoo.com

joy36 Wed 24-Mar-10 15:30:00

Lantern's yet again have just got an INADEQUATE in the ofsted inspection and a notice to improve.
Sorry for delay in emailing -I don't have a computer at home at the moment so will email asap!

islandmummy Thu 25-Mar-10 22:36:38

Hi Joy36

Look forward to hearing from you. My yahoo email account seems to be working ok, so you should be able to get hold of me that way. Anyone else too - maoftwo?

I saw the Ofsted report :-(

maoftwo Tue 30-Mar-10 17:00:57

Hi islandmummy,
Just saw your email. Apologies for responding so late. will try to reply to your email asap.

Joy36, It will be great if you could get in touch (maoftwo@hotmail.co.uk) and tell us how to get our deposit back.

Many thanks.

joy36 Tue 06-Apr-10 10:32:19

I have emailed you both, didnt go into great detail as just want to check I have sent it to the correct emails to start with! x

Bibo12 Thu 29-Jul-10 14:56:24

Hi all

the ofsted report is on the internet...

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Inspection-reports

71sun Thu 31-Mar-11 13:48:36

Hi Joy36,

Could you please let me know where you are bringing your children now? I'm new in this area and looking for a nursery for my 3year old daughter.
thanks a lot...

71sun Thu 31-Mar-11 13:58:12

my address is sunmeeban@hotmail.com
any advise welcom.

tatiane Mon 09-May-11 21:34:10

my son was at the dreammaker nursery, and is a good one, they are very friendly, took a good care of my son for over a year and also are in a very good location next to stations .

joy36 Tue 10-May-11 15:34:08

Hi 71sun,
My daughter goes to Mudchute Nursery E14 -it is amazing but quite a long waiting list but worth talking to manager Vicky. I haven't had any problems since starting there (over a year now) and has brill ofsted report.

joy36 Tue 10-May-11 15:35:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Papi2 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:49:34

I really wish we found this thread before taking our child to Lanterns.

When we looked at the place, we liked everything we saw, but we observed enough during the first morning of settling in, to take our child out before lunch.

Within a short morning, issues arose in terms of the way the children were treated by staff in general (cold and lacking any affection) and regarding our child in particular (left to go hungry/thirsty and nappy unchanged). When we took our concern to the owner/director, the response in terms of attitude was quite breathtaking.
We demanded our deposit & registration fee back - and after a heated discussion in the foyer - we got it.

bambino2013 Fri 20-Sep-13 15:42:50

I would advise anyone to steer clear of Lanterns. I had horrendous time with them -the manager is rude arrogant and gives out false information

Constancekmcl2 Sun 22-Sep-13 12:19:16

Bambino,

Just wondering ... what false information the manager ( of Lanterns ) gave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now