Good nurseries in Forest Hill/Honor Oak SE23?

(13 Posts)
TheBish Tue 06-Jan-09 21:41:54

I'm looking for a nursery for my 1-year-old in SE23. Anyone got any exoerience of Bojangles/Pitter Patter or Seedlings or can recommend somewhere else? I've not really been impressed by what I've seen so far.

ChrisM Thu 16-Jul-09 16:32:56

Hi,

I don't suppoes you found anything out about these places did you? We're also in SE23 and just starting to look for a nursery (although he won't start until next year).

Thanks

HaventAClue Tue 28-Jul-09 13:44:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eastdulwichmummy Sat 15-Oct-11 13:33:30

I am also interested in nurseries or pre-schools in the Honor Oak area - any suggestions gratefully received smile Thanks

pinkdelight Mon 17-Oct-11 11:58:56

We were planning to move there and visited a few. Got a good impression of this place:
http://www.oaktreenursery.org.uk/
Seedlings had a good rep but I found it a bit crowded and chaotic when I went.
We also found a lovely childminder on Honor Oak Road who had an assistant so was a good halfway house between CM and nursery if that's of interest?

pinkdelight Mon 17-Oct-11 11:59:27

And Fairlawn Pre-school is great if you can get in.

michelle325 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:11:10

Try Look4Nurseries we found our nursery on there, the will search what you are looking for even contact the nurseries for you.

Nurseries in SE23

Nurseries in SE22

orangeone Thu 22-Mar-12 08:34:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PennyTassoni Sat 24-Mar-12 13:39:27

Look at Ofsted reports. Aim for 'Outstanding' www.ofsted.gov.uk. Don't forget childminders. Great for this age range. Good luck

superwhizzynewlaptop Mon 02-Apr-12 20:51:03

I would definitely recommend Seedlings, my DCs absolutely love it. The owners/managers are just lovely, and are very approachable if there is anything you want to discuss. The older kids go to a nearby nature reserve for "forest school" each week, which they love. Staff turnover seems low too which is always a good sign.

superwhizzynewlaptop Mon 02-Apr-12 20:55:36

have just noticed this is an old thread, I hope you found somewhere suitable eastdulwichmummy!

Hornby2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:32:56

Have you checked out the new preschool on Honor Oak Road just opposite to Fairlawn primary school ? It provides a cosy, safe and stimulating first preschool for young children between aged 2-5. It has a good Ofsted report too.

Hornby2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:34:37

Have you checked out the new preschool on Honor Oak Road just opposite to Fairlawn primary school ? It provides a cosy, safe and stimulating first preschool for young children between aged 2-5. It has a good Ofsted report too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now