Exclusion period for Chicken Pox

(8 Posts)
boo64 Thu 11-Oct-07 14:09:10

What is your nursery's policy on exclusion for chicken pox?
Just wondering as I have a bit of an issue with ds's nursery to do with this!

notnowbernard Thu 11-Oct-07 14:11:07

Excluded until the spots have crusted over

boo64 Thu 11-Oct-07 14:32:11

Reason why I ask is:
ds has had very mild CP, started Saturday. Total of 6 spots, not terribly typical of CP and they all crusted over by Tuesday morning.

I want him to go to nursery tomorrow as I think this is ample time but nursery said something about 5 days from last bout of spots (which, as he got 1 more on Sunday would mean he couldn't go)

Almost all the kids in his room have had it anyway in the current bout so it seems a bit over cautious!

I don't know whether to push it with them or not as don't want to seem like I am desperate to get rid of ds onto them but that said I've already missed work most of this week!

milliec Fri 12-Oct-07 21:14:06

Message withdrawn

orangehead Fri 12-Oct-07 21:15:24

until spots crusted over, about a week

temmy99 Tue 16-Oct-07 23:34:36

I have to agree with the Nursery on this one, I am currently on work placement at the nursery and all the children appear to have caught CP not at the same time but one after the other. my ds is not in the same room with them but it looks like 'thanks to me' he is now coming down with it even though the first child who had it was almost a mth ago. Play safe, child's health comes first, if he does come down with it then I will stay home and look after him. simple.

Our policy is 5 days from when the last spot appeared. You are lucky in that your DC hasn't been unwell really. Some of our kids have been "proper poorly" as my nan used to say!

Just to warn you as well, if he's only had a mild dose he may get it again-sorry!

RubyShivers Fri 19-Oct-07 08:42:46

my DS was excluded for 7 days
think 5 days sounds reasonable in comparison!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now