Community nursery vs nursery

(3 Posts)
LillianFullStop Wed 24-Aug-16 18:28:27

I am 31w pregnant with my first and have heard you would have to get on the waiting list for nurseries a year in advance. I'm planning to go back to work when DC is 9 months and so have had a quick google of local nurseries (I presume the closer to home the better for pick ups and drop offs?)

A quick search showed nurseries and community nurseries. What is the difference between a normal nursery and a community nursery?

Lules Wed 24-Aug-16 18:39:16

I think, although someone more knowledgeable can correct me, that community nurseries are not for profit, run by charities or the council, whereas nurseries probably refers to ones privately run by businesses. Don't think there's much difference except private ones are going to be more expensive. FWIW I think this whole 'you need to be on the waiting list as soon as you're pregnant' thing is bollocks. I live in London (where you would expect there to be pressure on places), and I had no problems finding a place a couple of months before I went back to work

LillianFullStop Thu 25-Aug-16 17:37:09

thanks lules I might give it until after they are born then - I'll feel silly doing it before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now