AIBU- baby nursery outing

(11 Posts)
MrsBouvier Wed 25-May-16 14:51:36

Hello, my DD's nursery want to take them to a public place on a day trip. It's a long walk of a couple of hours in buggy then tour of local venue then walk home. I'm nervous about safety with her being in public without me, It's also a very long day. Should I let her go? Would you? Have been known to be precious so opinions welcomed x

insancerre Wed 25-May-16 19:22:02

The nursery will have risk assessments in place
They will also Be very experienced and will have taken the babies out many times
I don't think you have anything to be worried about

Gizlotsmum Wed 25-May-16 19:24:13

I would and have.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Wed 25-May-16 19:29:50

Dos it fall over nap time or lunch time? If it did I would say no as my ds will not sleep in a buggy.

megletthesecond Wed 25-May-16 19:37:05

She'll be fine smile. The nursery staff will be well drilled in taking babies out. Mine used to go on outings with nursery.

Acorncat Thu 26-May-16 21:32:12

I am very precious blush but I wouldn't be happy with mine spending all day strapped in a buggy. It's not so much the risk, as I trust the staff to keep the safe.

AgeOfEarthquakes Thu 26-May-16 21:36:45

I would and I have. But if it's not something you're comfortable with, then just decline. Nursery won't mind either way.

LittleNelle Thu 26-May-16 21:43:53

I'd be happy for mine to be taken on local trips to public places, but not a couple of hours in a buggy! Are you sure that is right?

Willow2016 Thu 26-May-16 22:42:55

4 hours walking there and back? Are you sure you have this right?
I dont know any nursery that would expect their staff to walk for 4 hours to get somewhere and back just to take kids out on a trip? Plus the walking round the place once they got there. Ours always went somewhere in a bus (unless it was to something in the town 10 - 15 minutes walk away.)

Only1scoop Thu 26-May-16 22:45:00

Seems like a lot of walking?

NerrSnerr Thu 26-May-16 22:45:40

Are you sure it's 2 hours each way? Seems unlikely as they'd have to factor in meals, nappies etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now