Dog in the nursery

(8 Posts)
Millar19 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:24:52

Please let me have your opinions. I took my grandchildren to a toddler group at our local nursery. One of the staff from the nursery had brought her dog into work (a regular occurrence). I was somewhat horrified when the dog came over to the rug we were sitting on and defecated on it. The owner came over, picked up the offending items and sprayed a bit of disinfectant on the rug. I don't know why but no one said anything. The leader of the group then tried to have a sing song on the rug. I picked it up and found another rug. When I got home I was rather cross with myself for staying quiet. Is this sort of thing acceptable and should the dog even be there?

luckySwallow13 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:28:36

Hmmm I don't think this is acceptable . I would be raging if a dog shat next to me and my kids anywhere ... Never mind a nursery! I'm quite quiet so don't know if I'd have the balls to complain , but if you are tougher than me if Defo complain.

luckySwallow13 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:28:51

*i'd

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 09-Mar-16 20:34:34

I thought you were going to be talking about trainee assistance dogs visiting.

as much as i love any opportunity for my dcs to be exposed to all kinds of pets, a nurse is not the place for a dog or cat ir any free roaming pet.

I'd be equally concerned about staff rations mit being adequate to ensure that children respected the need fir a dig to have some peace and when to leave alone as I would about potentially sitting on urine or faeces.

definately not appropriate unless it was part of a designated activity which was controlled and supervised and on a time.limit.

pinkcan Wed 09-Mar-16 21:19:27

Really weird.

At ours, a dog visited (organised). They had to do a risk assessment (I think) and also, the dog was on a separate rug that had been brought by the owner. This was in case the dog did a poo I suppose. But anyway it was carefully planned.

ExitPursuedByABear Wed 09-Mar-16 21:21:03

Dogs shouldn't crap indoors.

Awful.

insancerre Thu 10-Mar-16 19:35:36

Yuck!
That's awful
I manage a nursery and I would expect lots of complaints if that happened where I work
I wouldn't want to sit on a rug where a dog had crapped. I wouldn't expect the children to either

confusedandemployed Thu 10-Mar-16 19:36:44

Oh my god. No one is a bigger dog lover than me, but that is NOT. ON.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now