Christmas gift for Nursery staff

(7 Posts)
romanrainsalot Sat 07-Nov-15 14:57:09

Does anyone do this? I will send them a card, but was thinking about getting the staff something, for the staffroom, not singling individual staff out. I'm just so pleased with how DS is settled in and loves Nursery and they really seem like they are clued up and care.

Any ideas or is it OTT?

Pancakeflipper Sat 07-Nov-15 17:06:46

We have always sent in gifts. I used to send it jelly babies to counteract the chocolate they amassed.

I also got their main keyworker a gift but that was cos the keyworker of my DS 2 deserved a pay award and present everyday for coping with him.

CMOTDibbler Sat 07-Nov-15 17:08:04

A big tin of biscuits/chocs for them to share always goes down well

ConesOfDunshire Sat 07-Nov-15 23:03:23

I avoid biscuits / chocolates / sweets because they're inundated at our nursery.

Last year we put a Costa gift card in DD's key worker's card with a note to enjoy a coffee and a cake on us. I pinched the idea from MN and it went down very well. We then gave the room team a set of unscented hand wash and hand lotion from L'Occitane. They were delighted and used them every day. They wash their hands so frequently that it was nice to do something to make it a bit more luxurious, which lasted longer than chocolate.

romanrainsalot Mon 16-Nov-15 10:27:10

Ohh thanks all. I was thinking they'd be sick of chocolates. I like the handwash idea I think I may borrow that one. They are also having a Christmas event and have asked for prizes to be donated so I've been and bought a few things for that too.

Julieb85 Tue 15-Dec-15 19:34:50

I've just bought the staff in my sons nursery a little personalised Christmas charm. I got 10 for £9 off eBay! Popped them in their cards ready to hand out tomorrow.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 02-Jan-16 15:53:56

Thanks for handwash idea sent sanctuary handwash n lotion to baby nursery as a he general present then individual presents for his keyworker and other 2 room staff (keyrings, little mirrors shaped like cookies and mini bottles sanctuary body lotion) seemed to go down well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now