Is this normal??

(9 Posts)
Meirasa Wed 26-Aug-15 23:55:00

My daughter has just started nursery. In the bay room there are a maximum of 9 babies to 3 adults. So far so good. However I noticed today that there are only three cots? Is that normal? How can that work out if more than three babies fall asleep? I don't want to approach someone with the question if its the norm but it reallt doesn't mak sense to em :-(

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Wed 26-Aug-15 23:57:14

Don't older ones normally sleep on mats. What age does the room.cover?

godsavethequeeeen Wed 26-Aug-15 23:58:01

do they have fold out cots too? I'm sure the dc's nursery tucked some of them away until the main lunchtime naps then they set the whole room up. 9 cots would take up a lot of space.

Todayisnottheday Thu 27-Aug-15 00:46:54

It's very unlikely that 9 babies will sleep at the same time. I've never seen a baby room with more than a few cots. There just isn't that much need for them.

Meirasa Thu 27-Aug-15 08:35:44

It's the baby room, so up to 18 months. Thanks for easing my mind. I'm a bit panicky at the best of times and where my LO is concerned things like this can really bother me xx

LittleBearPad Thu 27-Aug-15 08:37:18

After a certain age (probably a year) they sleep on mats on the floor.

LittleBearPad Thu 27-Aug-15 08:38:17

Oh and when DD refused to sleep on a mat they used to get her buggy and put her down in that for a nap.

feistyfiend Thu 27-Aug-15 08:42:14

Yes, they will almost certainly have sleeping mats, which they use for the older children as well- some will still be napping at 3 or even 4. IME nurseries will always help a child to sleep when they want to- I've often collected my DDs and seen one child fast asleep in a corner while all the others happily play!

Stubbed Thu 27-Aug-15 08:42:32

My dc also slept outside in prams at nursery, or in someone's arms, or in a bouncy chair, just like at home really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now