Present for brilliant nursery

(14 Posts)
silversmith Wed 13-May-15 20:02:22

My son will soon be leaving the nursery he's been at ever since he was 9 months old (off to kindergarten at the sort-of-related school). They have been consistently wonderful and I'd love to get them some kind of present.

Any ideas? A supply of lovely biscuits for each room that's looked after him? Anything more creative?? I mean - I know I've paid them handsomely each month, but I'm going to miss them almost more than my boy will!

grumpalumpgrumped Wed 13-May-15 22:09:05

A card that mentions people by name is always fab - don't forget the cooks etc.

Other than that handcreams are nice (we wash our hands a lot), depending on the age group we once had a hamper from www.funkyhampers.com/ . We had the sweet one from a parent and it was very well received!

silversmith Wed 13-May-15 22:36:18

Ahh - yes - nice handcreams are my fave presents for new mums with all that extra handwashing. Of course nursery staff must do too. And will look at those hampers. Great tips - thanks!

LetThereBeCupcakes Thu 14-May-15 14:44:07

Last Christmas we got our nursery staff miniature bath bombs which I packed up into little packs of 5 - they loved them.

Only works if all the staff are female though, I'd imagine!

insancerre Thu 14-May-15 17:16:25

Has the nursery got a listing on day nurseries?
If they have leave a recommendation for prospective parents to see, mention staff by name
If they have a head office then write to them singing the staffs praises

silversmith Thu 14-May-15 19:19:26

Private nursery so no head office, but I'll put a(nother) rave review online. And will investigate nice toiletries. It is indeed all female -apart from the equally fab caretaker.

jellyandsoup Thu 14-May-15 19:27:06

All above ideas are good. We had one parent who found out where we were having our xmas do and paid for some wine on the table which was nice. A nice book for the room is good too, with a message in the front, or a cool puppet, tgey get a lot of use, puppets by post is a great website

nousernamesleft Thu 14-May-15 19:30:43

I bought my ds's nursery a tea break set - nice mugs, decent tea and coffee, sugar lumps (brown and white), and posh biscuits. I also paid for a months worth of milk at the local shop for them.
Went down a storm grin

silversmith Thu 14-May-15 23:59:41

Ah - liking the idea of books as a more lasting gift too.

Great ideas all!

OhIDoLikeToBeBeside Fri 15-May-15 00:08:45

I gave a book token so they could choose some new books - they took all the children who were leaving to the bookshop to choose them smile

turdfairynomore Fri 15-May-15 00:12:19

A parent-I teach p1-bought me a spiral bound notebook last year. It was plain brown craft card type cover BUT....she'd printed a "wordle" onto heavy cream card with the lettering in metallic shades. It had his name, mine, love, care, hug, adore, the school name, year, topic words, book characters,my pets etc. This was stuck on front. And inside. In his very very best writing (& he found writing tricky!) he had written. "You love me and I love you" -It was such a thoughtful gift!

greeneggsandjam Fri 15-May-15 21:51:37

I cant ever imagine buying staff/teachers a gift for the classroom as their only thank you gift. That doesn't really benefit the people who put in all the hard work, its just another resource the owner doesn't have to pay for isn't it??

silversmith Sun 17-May-15 10:39:39

Well maybe something lasting & something consumable for the individual staff too..!

silversmith Sun 17-May-15 10:40:32

I do take in biscuits quite regularly when I'm feeling particularly appreciative!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now