Help with nursery fees whilst in between jobs

(7 Posts)
Teaandbisuits99 Mon 01-Sep-14 07:57:23

Can I get help with nursery fees for my little girl while I'm between jobs?
Can't afford to pay it myself.

AuntieStella Mon 01-Sep-14 12:21:20

I suggest you set aside part of redundancy payment to cover that, i you'r still woking out your post-employment finances. Unfortunately, if you are at normal end of contract, or if there are other calls on redundancy pay out, me saying that won't help much.

It's alway worth checking you are claiming everything you are entitled to.

What is recruitment like in your sector? Some are fairly buoyant now, so I hope your job hunting is successful soon.

ReallyTired Mon 01-Sep-14 12:24:46

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your job and I hope your job hunting is sucessful.

I fear that the only option you have is to reduce your daughter's hours at nursery. If your child is over the age of two there might be some help in some very deprived areas of the country for low income families. If your child is over the age of three then you could drop down to the free 15 hours a week. If your child just did mornings at nursery it might keep her place open.

Littlefish Mon 01-Sep-14 19:22:13

Funding is available to some 2 year olds if their parents are in receipt of certain benefits. Speak to your Early years team at your local authority or visit a local children's centre to get some more information.

How old is your child?

Loletta Mon 01-Sep-14 21:41:03

Are you receiving the childcare element of tax credits? If so I think you get 4 weeks run-on at the end if a job

Loletta Mon 01-Sep-14 21:44:06

Found it Run-on

Teaandbisuits99 Tue 02-Sep-14 07:16:18

Yes I do - thank you loletta :-)
I have left hm old job as I hated it but I'm waiting on a start date at new job,
I am entitled to 2yr old funding but I believe the nursery has to be within the same area/council which mine is not as it's the only one I liked out out about 10 I looked at x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now