Nursery workers, what are your favourite leaving presents?

(6 Posts)
LakeFlyPie Wed 27-Aug-14 22:18:33

DS2 will be leaving his private day nursery in a couple of weeks and I'd like to buy the nursery workers a collective gift to say thanks for the 5 years of care they have provided to DS1 + 2.

Chocs / biscuits seem obvious choices, but I'd appreciate ideas of any gifts which you consider more exciting.

TIA

grumpalumpgrumped Thu 28-Aug-14 21:21:42

We always appreciate a well thought out card, including people by name. we have has some very entertaining poems too.

We once got a sweet hamper like this here Some are pricey but you could easily do something yourself for not too much. Was very popular!

JennyBlueWren Sun 31-Aug-14 19:26:19

It depends on the person. I love getting stationary or jewellery but my colleague doesn't and she loves the candles which I send to charity shops.
We like boxes of biscuits we can share.

My favourite thing to get is a handmade card from the child -especially if they write their name in it (as I taught them that!).

LucyLastik Sun 31-Aug-14 19:29:32

I would love a nice pen - pens are like gold dust in nurseries!

TiggyD Mon 01-Sep-14 09:04:09

Cars, holidays, diamonds...

I still regularly use a great teacher mug a child gave to me about 15 years ago. I think of him when I use it.

LakeFlyPie Mon 01-Sep-14 16:48:43

Thanks for all the lovely ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now