Nurseries in Wimbledon

(11 Posts)
wigan Fri 15-Sep-06 00:17:36

Have been looking into sorting out childcare for 7mo ds. Wondered if anybody could recommend a nursery in Wimbledon?

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 15-Sep-06 21:06:58

When do you want your DS to start? Where in Wimbledon are you looking?

We had DD at Oak Tree (St Mary's church) but they only take them aged 1+. We had DS at Playdays, Queen's Rd branch, and he loved it there. I visited a few others too.

DD (18 months old) is starting at a nursery in Morden next week. They didn't have a place for her at Oak Tree any more (we took her out due to uncertain work contract for me) and this one in Morden had places at short notice (it's a new one so not full yet). It's v well priced too, £40 per day, and they do half days as well.

Merton council's website lists quite a few, esp if you're flexible and would consider neighbouring areas as well, but it's always worth visiting them in person and then looking at their Ofsted reports.

wigan Sat 16-Sep-06 10:53:43

Thanks for your reply Cristina. We're looking for a place starting in January 2007, preferably in Central Wimbledon.

So far, I've had a look around Building Blocks, Dicky Birds & Lollipops. Really liked Building Blocks & Dicky Birds. Lollipops seemed OK, but didn't get a particularly impressive Ofsted report at the last inspection.

Got the impression from Building Blocks that it was unlikely that a place would be available for us in January. We're on the waiting list for Dicky Birds, but they can't guarantee a place either, so would like to widen my options.

CristinaTheAstonishing Sat 16-Sep-06 13:49:42

Playdays is good. I liked the Quuen's Rd branch where DS went. The W'don Hill branch is a little bit too big, I think, so I wasn't too keen on it for DD. I visited Dee's on Mansel Rd but was rather put off by the lack of books on display (and a few other things). I have friends with kids at both BB and Dicky Birds (the branch opposite the shopping centre) and they are very pleased. BB has a long waiting list. Dicky Birds i think have vacancies (at least in my DD's age range) but only do full days for children this age - and we wanted 1/2 days. Oak Tree is very nice, but may be a bit out of the way if you want a nursery on your way to the station.

batters Sat 16-Sep-06 14:14:31

wigan, there are a few Mumsnetters based in Wimbledon. If you give this post a "bump" on Monday you'll probably get some more posts!

wigan Mon 18-Sep-06 09:36:54

Thanks for your messages, Cristina & batters - will definitely check out Playdays.

Any other Wimbledon Mumsnetters out there who have an opinion on nurseries in the area?

pamina3 Fri 29-Sep-06 09:05:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LouLou2 Wed 08-Nov-06 14:59:50

Can anyone recommend Teddies in Earlsfield? Or anyone heard anything negative that I should know? Or any recommendations of nurseries near Earlsfield Station?

I'm looking to go back to work Mon - Wed in April 2006.

Thanks!

lockets Wed 08-Nov-06 15:12:31

Message withdrawn

pdonegan Tue 12-Apr-16 22:31:57

I know this thread is a bit old... But I'm looking into nurseries as well and at the moment I'm between Dicky Birds Dundonald and Butterflies. Butterflies is a bit cheaper and goes until 6:30. Any input? Any help is welcome!

shil1625 Tue 28-Jun-16 02:36:49

Hi everyone, I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me which nurseries are outstanding in the wimbledon area and if any have part-time places (3-4 days a week) available this Summer/Autumn 2016. The sooner the better really.

Alternatively, any other forms of outstanding part-time, full-day childcare would be very helpful. Thanks for your help in advance. Esther

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now