What do they feed them?

(6 Posts)
UriGeller Fri 04-Apr-14 10:17:01

Ds is due to start nursery after Easter. He'll be there from 8-1pm 3 days a week. I'm told breakfast, snack and lunch will be provided but can't think what they will feed them. I've asked for a sample menu but no ones got back to me.

I'm not precious about his eating, (he eats biscuits etc) but he eats well though and there's very little processed food in the house as a rule. Typically he'll have porridge with fruit in for breakfast, leftovers from last evenings meal for lunch (today its a beef stew) or an omelette with veg in it and a snack would be home made bread, hummus and bits of cheese and stuff.

I know it won't be the luncheon meat fritters or cold spaghetti hoops of my childhood (They don't have cooking facilities). Is he going to eating rice krispies, petit filous yoghurts and prepacked cheese sandwiches?

BuzzardBird Fri 04-Apr-14 11:39:18

It really does depend on the individual nursery. I would be more concerned that they are not bothering to answer your questions, that in itself does not bode well.

annielewis Fri 04-Apr-14 11:46:29

I agree with buzzard - didn't you get a sample menu in your application pack? We did, as did a lot of other people I know with kids at other nurseries.

I would want to know (even though I am also not precious about what they eat)

UriGeller Fri 04-Apr-14 12:16:26

No I didn't! I'll be going in to see them on Monday then. Its a Sure Start place so I'm guessing they have a standardised menu. I'd rather he eat breakfast at home to be honest, with the family.

insancerre Fri 04-Apr-14 12:55:38

he doesn't have to have breakfast there
just feed him as normal before you go and tell them he's already eaten
in our nursery we have no cooling facilities so we ate limited as to what we feed the children
breakfast is a choice of cereal with a drink of milk or water
snack is usually fruit with milk or sometimes birthday cake or biscuits
lunch we don't cook so children bring in packed lunches or if they are in all day they can go into the school next door and have a school lunch
op. just ring them up and ask them. they really won't mind

insancerre Fri 04-Apr-14 12:57:01

we have no cooking facilities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now