Impact on swapping nurseries?

(7 Posts)
LindsayS79 Mon 10-Mar-14 09:37:18

Hi all

I have an 8 month old DD and I'm thinking about going back to work in 8 weeks. My problem is, my first choice of nursery won't be available until July at the earliest. I can get her into another good nursery in the meantime, it's just a bit more of a hassle to get to, but I could cope for a few months.
My main worry would be the impact of changing nurseries on my LO. does anyone have any experience or opinions on whether this would be a bad idea?

HSMMaCM Mon 10-Mar-14 09:41:18

Could you get a nanny for a few months, so it's not such a big change?

Boris13 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:41:14

I personally think it's a huge change

BananaPie Sun 16-Mar-14 21:55:08

We swapped nurseries when dd was about 18 months. She settled in much more easily second time round.

anja1cam Sun 16-Mar-14 22:04:41

Depends on the child as much as anything. Swapped DD1 after about 4 or 6 months, aged about 12months, she happily took it in her stride, but she's the one who always settled easily. DD2 would take ages to settle after a minor staff change let alone moving rooms, so I hate to think what a nursery swap would have been like for her!

anja1cam Sun 16-Mar-14 22:07:11

Depends on the child as much as anything. Swapped DD1 after about 4 or 6 months, aged about 12months, she happily took it in her stride, but she's the one who always settled easily. DD2 would take ages to settle after a minor staff change let alone moving rooms, so I hate to think what a nursery swap would have been like for her!

anja1cam Sun 16-Mar-14 22:07:36

Oops sorry for duplication!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now