Nurseries in Watford

(7 Posts)
MoroccoBorocco Sat 15-Feb-14 18:33:20

Hi all

I've not really been on this site much recently and not sure this is the correct forum to be asking for advice on my nursery dilemma, so please forgive me and direct me in the proper place if that is the case.

My LO is coming up to 17 months old and previously has been looked after by my mum. It's all now getting a bit too much for my mum due to her ill health and therefore I want to place my daughter in a nursery.

I'm not really sure where to start with the search - I don't know anyone who has a child in nursery and I was wondering if anyone from this forum would be able to direct me to the steps I need to take. It may sound really silly but I am just really scared for my daughters safety as I've seen lots of things in the media recently plus the cost of it all :S I've got so many greys as a result from the stress!!!

I've done a bit of research online and seen that a chain of nurseries called Montessori are quite good. There is a new one in Watford just down the road from me which I'm trying to get some time to view. Does anyone else have any recommendations for safe environments for my LO to develop?

Many thanks in advance smile xx

wadi1983 Sat 15-Feb-14 19:58:54

The only nursery I know is 'The Co-operative Nursery'.. It's right near Watford Junction station.

MoroccoBorocco Sun 16-Feb-14 08:29:46

Thanks wadi is it any good?

MrsBonkers Wed 26-Feb-14 01:19:10

Not Watford, but ours is in Bovingdon and has branches in Latimer and Chorleywood. They are excellent, but do have a waiting list for some days / ages.

I'd pick a midweek day and book to see 4/5 and just see which one you like the 'feel' of.

Nindi Wed 26-Feb-14 16:26:22

I have been to KidsUnlimited and was quite impressed with their setting.
The only thing for me was that getting there in time to pick up the child after work (as I would have to go through the junction, and this can be congested) was not feasible.
They are a chain, and available on google to read more on.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sat 08-Mar-14 13:33:35

Boys and Girls nursery on Loates lane (near the town centre) is lovely. My daughter used to go there up until we moved away from the area in 2011. Can not recommend them enough smile I don't know what other places are like though as we were lucky enough to have been so happy with B&G we didn't even look round other places.

Nim33 Thu 25-Sep-14 13:54:26

Hi where did you decide on in the end??

We're soon to move to Watford (west) and are considering Coop nr Watford Junc too...

Feedback would be muchly appreciated!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now