nursery nappies!!

(10 Posts)
adsmam Tue 11-Feb-14 14:49:24

Hi, I thought I'd post on here to get some opinions.... Nursery keep putting my son in all different sized nursery nappies despite the fact I have nappies in his bag for him. He was in size 5 but lost a little weight off being ill, nursery put him in size 4 +.
Fair enough since he'd lost weight so I then pack size 4 + and he comes home in a size 6 today with the nappies I packed missing.
Am I over reacting?
Why can't they just use the nappies i pack?!
He s there 3 hrs a day so its unlikely he used the 2 I packed especially since most of the time nursery don't usually change my sons nappy at all since he's been back after Xmas.
Thanks for replying in advance.

TheScience Tue 11-Feb-14 14:52:24

Have you asked them?

soupmaker Tue 11-Feb-14 14:52:28

Does the nursery have a nappy policy? Ours would only use the nappies we brought it but had a few just in case they ran out.

Why not just ask why he's not been put in nappies you've sent in, and take it from there?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 11-Feb-14 14:53:31

Perhaps they are a different brand so sizes a bit different?

Unless they are leaking or irritating him I wouldn't see a problem. They probably just have them to hand rather than raiding back packs for spares.

adsmam Tue 11-Feb-14 14:57:20

I didn't realise they'd put him in the size 6 nursery nappy until after we'd left nursery. I'll ask tomorrow.
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

YeahBuddy Tue 11-Feb-14 15:01:35

Sometimes my dts come home in different sized nappies, especially my smallest one, he comes home in anything from a 4 to a 5+. I just think it depends on which member of staff is changing them, I've noticed it but it doesn't bother me at all. As previously said, as long as they aren't leaking and he is comfortable does it really matter?

MrsJK Tue 11-Feb-14 15:05:36

We went through a stage where I thought nursery weren't changing my DC as some weeks the nappies wouldn't get used out of the bag and others they would use them all - turns out they place them in his named tray and use them from there (presumably easier than going to his bag each time?!) and restocked as such when they needed to.

Be interested to hear what they say though even if just for peace of mind.

adsmam Tue 11-Feb-14 15:09:12

It was the same brand.
I originally packed pampers size 5,
They put him in pampers 4+,
I packed pampers 4+,
They've sent him home today in huggies size 6,
Which was too big on my son

adsmam Tue 11-Feb-14 15:14:24

No it doesn't really matter, that's the point, which is why I'm wondering what their problem is just using the nappies i pack ?!

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 11-Feb-14 15:16:53

Are nappies not included in the price?

Perhais it's just standard that they provide them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now