Crying at nursery

(7 Posts)
Emmaden78 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:43:12

Hi i have a 21/2 yr old son who cries the
Whole time at nursery. Hes being going since
Sep so its not a new thing for him. He started
Off fine cried a bit when i left but 5 mins later he was fine but in the last couple of weeks the nursery has phoned for me to go and pick him up early because he is upset. This is my 3rd child but i have never experienced this before any ideas on what i can do???

NellysKnickers Tue 11-Feb-14 10:02:22

If he's been like this since September, I'd give it a break for the rest of this term and see if you can try again after Easter. He's still very young. Its hard, ds2 used to sob when I left him, then lay on the floor cuddling his teddy until I picked him up at lunchtime.

NellysKnickers Tue 11-Feb-14 10:03:37

Ah just reread, has he just been like it since starting back after Xmas?

Emmaden78 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:39:56

Hi NellysKnickers
Thanks for replying smile
Its just been the last 4 sessions hes been upset. Hes gone from loving nursery to being fine till we get to the door. Im wondering if hes just going through a clingy stage because hes instantly ok when i go and pick him up. Hes at nursery now about to go pick him up so fingers crossed hes been a bit happier today smile

NellysKnickers Tue 11-Feb-14 16:11:10

Just stick with it, ds1 did this at nursery, he had been fine for 2 terms, then had the summer break and was very tearful, taking in his favourite cuddly toy helped, just knowing it was in his bag was enough. Good luck

neolara Tue 11-Feb-14 16:14:38

Does he have to go to nursery? If not, why don't you take him out for a while. He's telling you he's miserable.

BotBotticelli Wed 12-Feb-14 21:51:18

I've heard it can be helpful to give your LO something of yours to take with them....take mummy's special teddy, or mummy's scarf or something. Because apparently they find it easier to believe that you'll be coming back to collect your <item> than having to engage with the bigger concept of you coming back to get them, iyswim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now