Nursery FRUSTRATIONS!!!

(6 Posts)
kimmills222 Wed 30-Oct-13 12:35:55

Well I am very sorry to hear about your frustration, and now you can no longer try for the same school because your child is less that 3 years of age. I would advice you to try for some new preschool or daycare center in your locality. Hope you succeed in your search.

insancerre Sat 12-Oct-13 15:58:42

can't you not just pay for your place now?
the nurseries are not taking jan intakes because they are probably full of children that were 3 already in september
they do have spaces- for fee-paying children
they are not going to save a place for your child's free entitlement if it means they are losing money
they will give it to a child who is paying fees, they have to make profits, you know, they are running businesses

Manman Sat 12-Oct-13 08:41:15

Have you thought about trying local childminders for your 15 hour entitlement? It is a lot easier now for cms to be able to offer this service, they just have to have a good or outstanding grade from ofsted.
The advantage with a cm is that they may also be more flexible with times and days and you will probably have the option of paying for extra hours if you need more than 15 a week.

CaptainSweatPants Sat 12-Oct-13 08:01:38

Bumping for you

CaptainSweatPants Fri 11-Oct-13 23:18:08

Well if you're job hunting goes well then you can out him in nursery?

LoveQueen Fri 11-Oct-13 23:11:59

My ds turned three at the beginning of October. From the age of two I applied to all the local nurseries & was told I was on their 'waiting lists' only to be told that as he wasn't three in September he is not allocated a place. Fine, roll on January placements... NUH-UH. Apparently nurseries are not taking January intakes.
I'm so frustrated. I had my ds in my last year of uni, am a single mum and 'need' to start working again. As much as I adore my son and every day with him, I don't know how I am going to survive until NEXT year.
Anyone else having these problems or is it just a South London conundrum?
I was told I could pay for nursery from now until January, but at £1000 for 8 weeks, it's out of the question. If they have a place now, why can't they just save it for my ds in January? Haha.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now