Nursery FRUSTRATIONS!!!

(6 Posts)
LoveQueen Fri 11-Oct-13 23:11:59

My ds turned three at the beginning of October. From the age of two I applied to all the local nurseries & was told I was on their 'waiting lists' only to be told that as he wasn't three in September he is not allocated a place. Fine, roll on January placements... NUH-UH. Apparently nurseries are not taking January intakes.
I'm so frustrated. I had my ds in my last year of uni, am a single mum and 'need' to start working again. As much as I adore my son and every day with him, I don't know how I am going to survive until NEXT year.
Anyone else having these problems or is it just a South London conundrum?
I was told I could pay for nursery from now until January, but at £1000 for 8 weeks, it's out of the question. If they have a place now, why can't they just save it for my ds in January? Haha.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
x

CaptainSweatPants Fri 11-Oct-13 23:18:08

Well if you're job hunting goes well then you can out him in nursery?

CaptainSweatPants Sat 12-Oct-13 08:01:38

Bumping for you

Manman Sat 12-Oct-13 08:41:15

Have you thought about trying local childminders for your 15 hour entitlement? It is a lot easier now for cms to be able to offer this service, they just have to have a good or outstanding grade from ofsted.
The advantage with a cm is that they may also be more flexible with times and days and you will probably have the option of paying for extra hours if you need more than 15 a week.

insancerre Sat 12-Oct-13 15:58:42

can't you not just pay for your place now?
the nurseries are not taking jan intakes because they are probably full of children that were 3 already in september
they do have spaces- for fee-paying children
they are not going to save a place for your child's free entitlement if it means they are losing money
they will give it to a child who is paying fees, they have to make profits, you know, they are running businesses

kimmills222 Wed 30-Oct-13 12:35:55

Well I am very sorry to hear about your frustration, and now you can no longer try for the same school because your child is less that 3 years of age. I would advice you to try for some new preschool or daycare center in your locality. Hope you succeed in your search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now