Smp and childcare vouchers

(8 Posts)
moojie Sat 24-Aug-13 23:07:53

This happened to me and actually enabled me to take my full year off as my son could continue going to nursery as it was all paid for!

reddaisy Sat 24-Aug-13 23:05:06

It is true! And helped us so much. Had to battle with my HR department first though.

MrsSpencerReid Sat 24-Aug-13 23:03:31

I Hope it's true! I go on mat leave in December and the vouchers will mean ds can still have a day at nursery and we won't lose hips place! Fingers crossed smile

Jsa1980 Sat 24-Aug-13 23:00:50

It's true. They can take away benefits you've already signed up to. I'm getting. My full pension contribution paid even though I'm on SMP. I doubt you'll need to do anything but worth checking with HR.

TinyTear Wed 14-Aug-13 08:28:43

Don't know the technicalities, sorry, better call your HR department

MrBlondesFries Tue 13-Aug-13 18:27:35

Wow this is AMAZING! Do I need to do anything or does it just automatically happen when my salary switches to smp?

TinyTear Tue 13-Aug-13 09:40:56

It's true, one of my work colleagues just went on mat leave and said as she was already on the voucher scheme for x amount of time, she would continue to get them and still get her smp

MrBlondesFries Tue 13-Aug-13 08:37:59

I claim tax from £243 a month through my work childcare vouchers. I am currently on mat leave with dc2 and smp is due to start in Jan '14. I've been told by HR / other ppl that once I am on smp my £243 will be paid for me.

This sounds too good to be true, how does this work? Who pays or this - gov? Work?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now