Acton nurseries

(6 Posts)
Matilda20 Mon 15-Jul-13 23:13:41

Hello,

I have been visiting a few nurseries lately in the Acton area (W3), that accept 1-year-olds. I would love feedback on the following:

Buttercups Acton
Hungry Caterpillar Acton Park
Bright Eyes Montessori
South Acton Children Centre

Thanks

oinker Thu 18-Jul-13 21:36:15

Hi

I live in Acton And have first hand experience of several of your nurseries.

Hungry Caterpillar - they are a professional outfit. DS went to the one at John Perryn. He loved it. The staff were very young but their manager was very efficient and knowledgeable. They had great facilities and children really well cared for. Their food was good too.

Bright eyes - their Ofsted reports are damning. I wasn't keen. It was hot and stuffy and cramped. Their menu was vegetarian only. Seemed to lean more towards Catering for the Muslim clientele. I was not happy that tgeir menu was not consistent and that I saw manager digging into " still fresh" counter at Morrissons! She was bulk buying so believe it was for nursery.

Matilda20 Fri 09-Aug-13 12:53:30

Thank you for your feedback.

Hungry Caterpillar - I am not familiar with the one at John Perryn. The chain took over the nursery in Acton Park and they are redoing it apparently. It seems nice and friendly, although they don't have an Ofsted report yet. It is one big room shared by kids of all ages (I am not sure if it's a good or a bad thing for smaller babies not to have their own separate room - is it the same at the John Perryn one?)

Bright Eyes - The Ofsted report I saw is good and I didn't find it cramped inside, but I was not keen at all on their outside area, which is a small courtyard with a roof. That I found very cramped.

I also saw Blue Giraffe but again I was not keen on their outside area, which is almost a narrow corridor along the nursery. Also the kitchen seemed tiny. Also the Ofsted was only satisfactory.

Any feedbacks on Buttercups and South Acton? I visited them and they seemed nice. I have also heard very good things about one in White City, called Harmony, outstanding, but it is a bit far away.

Sallymr Mon 02-Sep-13 10:03:40

Have you checked out sunlight nursery on the south Acton estate? They have been taken over by a private nursery and I believe are offering very good rates on baby places

Matilda20 Mon 16-Sep-13 22:47:42

thanks, I will check it out.

Julia13 Mon 28-Oct-13 13:19:22

Hello Matilda. Did you find a nursery?

I am also looking for a nursery for my boy who will be 6 month when Ill get back to work in January. I have visited Bright eyes and wasnt keen on it. I've found the place not really clean and seeing staff with their everyday shoes walking in the baby's room didnt impress me.
I have visited Happy child in Ealing common. It is really nice, clean and the manager is very nice.
I am going to visit Buttercups Acton for the second time tomorrow. I really liked the place and the manager.
Let me know if you have any suggestions
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now