How do they work out the free entitlement?

(28 Posts)
solveproblem Thu 13-Jun-13 07:34:24

DS is at nursery full time, we will be getting the 15 free hours per week term time from September.

They have said that they split this out evenly over the year which makes it 11 hours per week.

We pay £957 per month at the moment, the nursery is open 11 hours per day, five days a week.

Will they deduct one fifth of the full amount or will they try to work it out undone way which is most favourable for them?

I know nobody can give me an answer but the nursery but would be good to know how other nurseries work this out.

Tanith Sun 23-Jun-13 21:19:18

They sure as hell won't do anything about it if people just accept it and continue to turn a blind eye to settings ignoring the rules. It's unfair on those of us who do offer the free entitlement absolutely free.

Mandy21 Sun 23-Jun-13 21:59:56

I can see where you're coming from, perhaps for some nurseries / LAs the price differential between what it costs and what the nursery receives isn't too much, so you can afford to do it.

The alternative for parents is the nursery withdrawing from scheme (and getting no funded hours) or having nursery forced to provide it (if in fact the LA was bothered - think they would (as they do now) turn a blind eye) which would untimately lead to a fabulous nursery providing outstanding care to my DD close down.

Catiinthehat Sun 23-Jun-13 22:24:11

HSM- yes, i have found out they are not strictly allowed to do that but unfortunately they are which means we are paying over £1000 per term after the hours have been deducted for 15 hours.
speaking to friends, it seems many nurseries in the area are doing a top up and im not sure there's an awful lot parents can do about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now