Walthamstow Penrhyn nursery

(4 Posts)
Rocklox Fri 17-May-13 14:59:04

Hello

Has anyone any experience of Penrhyn nursery at higham hill/black horse road? I've seen a couple of good things about it online but that was quite a while ago. They are loathe to put me on contact with other parents with children there, I thought this would be routine.

Anyone know of a nursery or childminder who they think are great?

I might have to look for a childminder a couple of months before I go back to work in November, do you think that would be cutting it fine or good ones easy to find?

Thanks in advance. Any information gratefully received!

Rocklox

pinksweetsugar Tue 21-May-13 18:10:19

I actually went to this nursery recently with a friend whom was looking for child care. My child has never been there but in all honesty I wouldn't send them. There is one hall for all the children and the people in charge are rude.

My child actually goes to Just Learning/ Busy Bees in 20 Sutton Rd, London E17 5QA. You can't actually compare them both as the standards are so different. My friend has now chosen this one. I have heard good things about Higham Hill Sure Start Centre too.

mattywein Wed 28-Aug-13 11:58:09

Hi sorry it took so long to reply but I only came across this post today after searching for the postcode. My daughter has gone to the nursery since she was 10 months old. She is 4 now and off to primary school in September.

The Nursery is great and the carers are incredibly loving to the children. The director Alison is a lovely person too. They are very flexible and as it's a not for profit organisation the fees are very reasonable.

I can't recommend this place enough.

Also the nursery is not allowed to give out personal information about other parents as its in breach of the data protection act.

The only person who has ever been rude to me is Diana the administrator and she doesn’t have much to do with the kids any way.

mattywein Wed 28-Aug-13 11:58:24

If you need any more quick time information about walthamstow then my wife runs the face book group "walthamstow parents" with over 1000 members its a great source of local knowledge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now