Will it get easier?

(3 Posts)
alicemac83 Sat 06-Apr-13 10:46:49

Thank you babybouncer- that's really reassuring. She's just said 'no more nursery' to me again out of the blue, so I think she's worrying about it. I hope it gets better soon xx

babybouncer Sat 06-Apr-13 09:31:43

My DS changed nurseries when he turned 3 and went through something similar. He had loved nursery before and became shy and uncertain and had at least one complete meltdown that I remember - we had nothing like it when he first started. But I can report that within a few months he had got used to it and loved it. Last week (he's now 3 3/4) he told me off for picking him up too early!
Hang in there - it is a change, but she will adapt. And while you will remember the tears, she won't!

alicemac83 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:08:16

My 2-year-old toddler has just started nursery after having a lovely nanny share with a close friend for 18 months (they have moved away) I knew it would be a big shock, but during her settling in sessions she loved it. Now she is there full time he's totally different. When I get her up in the mornings the first thing she says is 'no more nursery.' And when I go to pick her up she's usually been crying. I know that she will get used to it, but I'm worried its going to change her personality. She's such a happy little thing, but I've noticed she seems a bit nervous recently. Have any of your children been through anything similar?
Thanks so much xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now