Childcare Assessor

(7 Posts)
newmummy4 Mon 01-Apr-13 21:27:47

Hi, am thinking of becoming a nvq assessor, have worked in childcare for 13years. Was just wondering if anyone has completed the course or had any advice thanks x

Barbarashop Mon 01-Apr-13 21:39:19

I don't assess childcare but the course is the same. Used to be called A1, I think it's called TAQA now. It's not massively difficult, especially if you have a supportive assessor running your course. I think you have to assess two learners as part of your course. I would say go for it - it's always handy to have and you can do it on a freelance basis whilst still working in childcare.

Barbarashop Mon 01-Apr-13 21:40:00

Sorry, I meant, once you are qualified, you can assess in a freelance basis.

newmummy4 Mon 01-Apr-13 21:51:47

Thanks very much Barbara, have worked as nursery manager, nanny etc but have a young family now but really fancy a new challange. How long did it take you to complete? x

Barbarashop Mon 01-Apr-13 21:56:12

I did it through a training company I work for and it didn't take that long - maybe 6 months - if that. It was all quite informal and apart from a couple of sessions, I was more or less left to my own devices to gather the evidence I needed to prove my competence.

newmummy4 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:05:38

Great, thanks very much x

BranchingOut Thu 04-Apr-13 20:50:45

Which company did you use, out of interest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now