Anxious about ds going to preschool.

(5 Posts)
imacowbaggetmeoutofhere Thu 28-Mar-13 00:13:56

Really really anxious. Feel sick thinking about it. He starts next month.

It will be the first time I've left him with people I dont know and im so worried about it.

I was abused as a young girl by a family member. Parents had no idea. I'm just finding hard to let him go and feel so over protective.

I love the preschool, have no concerns over it. He is going to love it and he really needs it.

Anyone offer advice or could point me in the right direction?

imacowbaggetmeoutofhere Thu 28-Mar-13 10:45:04

Bump

PhyllisDoris Thu 28-Mar-13 10:52:42

You have to remember that you are in a tiny minority with your experiences. DS will be absolutely fine - he'll be so busy he won't have time to stop and think about you.

Find yourself something to fill the time while he's at pre-school, don't just go home and sit about waiting to go and collect him again.
Also, don't hang around to make sure he's OK - it will just make it more and more difficult to eventually leave. Go, hand him over and leave.

The pre-school staff will be well used to both children and parents who are feeling a bit nervous, and I'm sure they'll be sympathetic.

How on earth have you managed to get him to the age where he's old enough to start pre-school, never having left him with other people?

It will all be fine x

Sirzy Thu 28-Mar-13 10:56:06

Your experiences are thankfully very rare although of course that doesn't make it any easier for you. Have you had proper help to deal with what you went through?

The nursery will have a child protection policy would reading that put your mind at ease?

Don't forget pre school isn't compulsory so you don't have to send him although I am sure he will love it and you will be fine when you see how happy he is. Plan to keep yourself busy for his first few days

Heinz55 Thu 28-Mar-13 11:07:09

DS started a few weeks ago. He wasn't so happy so I stayed for the first few sessions - his preschool has a policy where parents (within reason) are welcome to stay - maybe you could try same if it offers you reassurance??? I now know how their days goes and what their policies are and I'm much happier with the set-up than I was previously and thankfully DS has settled in and I have graduated!! PS my DS had never stayed with anyone either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now