Whats it worth to nursery? Early learning grant for 3 year old

(3 Posts)
Mandy21 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:58:46

Does she attend for enough sessions to get the whole 15 hours grant? It depends how the nursery does it. I think for my area it works out to be about £55 per week (so probably similar to £3.70 that the previous poster mentions). You get it for 38 weeks, but they might be spreading that evenly over 12 months. They're also entitled to charge for food, extra hours etc

LucyLui25 Mon 18-Mar-13 12:21:32

in our local authority we recieve £3.70 an hour for each 3 or 4 year old. Ask for a break down of how they work it out. I provide all my parents with a breakdown of fees and hours so that they can understand how it is paid. I must say it can still be rather confusing

monkeypuzzeltree Mon 18-Mar-13 10:32:09

My DD will start getting this from Easter, nursery have told me this will reduce our monthly bill by 120. I thought it would be worth more - anyone know what the nursery gets from the govt per year?

I know the nursery vary it according to the number of weeks per term and of course thu will have other costs like food but still!! shock

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now