Question for nursery staff about food

(3 Posts)
Hiddenbiscuits Fri 08-Mar-13 01:20:04

Thank you, i just wanted to see how it sounded before i spoke to them- didn't want to get off on the wrong footing with the nursery before we even start! I am wary of sounding like a pushy parent wink

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 08-Mar-13 01:10:04

I think just talk to them!
I am sure that they'll be really keen to work with you - whether that means you sending food in on certain days, or them trying 'their' food with her - as sometimes being in a different setting can create different behaviours - with maybe some 'safe' foods kept on hand just in case. Who knows what they'll say. but I bet they'll have seen this issue before and they will be open to solutions.

Best of luck for the nursery start!

Hiddenbiscuits Fri 08-Mar-13 00:49:03

Just wanted to know what you think- DD is 2 and due to start nursery next month, im really worrying about her eating there. She has had problems with food phobias and slow weight gain with hospital input. She is now doing well and although still underweight is able to eat more foods without gagging and vomiting the way she used to.

I have looked at the nursery menu and most days theres one thing at each meal time she will eat so wont starve smile however there are a few day that i am certain she will not eat a single thing all day. She isnt like most children who will eat when hungry enough. Do you think staff would be ok with me packing something for her or will they think its best for everyone to eat the same and be completely against it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now