3 full days or 5 half days at nursery?

(26 Posts)
cakeandcava Tue 05-Mar-13 10:27:53

Hi,
I'm in the process of sorting out childcare and work arrangements for when I go back to work next January. DS will be 14 months then. I'm lucky in that my employer has a generous flexible work policy, and I'm wondering what the best way of arranging things would be.

I will be going part time and having DS in nursery -just after some opinions on what you think is the better option? Three full days in nursery and two days completely off with me, or five mornings in nursery (9am - 1pm) and then the afternoon with me?

Thanks!

insancerre Wed 06-Mar-13 20:19:33

I am a nursery nurse years of over 20 years experience and my advice would be to do what is best for your family.
Children are very good at adapting and will fit into any routine that they find themselves in.
Do what works best for you- your DS will benefit from going to nursery and from spending time with you too- it doesn't really matter which way round you do it- 3 days or 5 half days.
I would be wary of any nursery that does not allow you to send a child for half days. It sounds like they are putting their needs for making money before your needs or your child's needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now