5 morning sessions or two full days for 3 yo DD when new baby comes?

(6 Posts)
MousyMouse Mon 28-Jan-13 20:41:56

we did 2 full days.
we really enjoyed it. I could relax on those days and dc1 didn't lose contact.

peacefuleasyfeeling Mon 28-Jan-13 20:39:56

Thank you, everyone. I am still figuring it out, and it is great to hear what you think.

1978andallthat Fri 25-Jan-13 04:14:38

Dd, 2, has gone two full days since turning 1 and continues to do so now newborn is here. Is actually better for us as I have two whole days just me and newborn to spend time with him and get things done at home and she enjoys whole day's of activities not feeling like she is leaving halfway through.

Bramshott Tue 22-Jan-13 15:31:33

Sorry - contradicting myself there! One full day and THREE mornings!

Bramshott Tue 22-Jan-13 15:29:49

I'd give yourself one day at least when you don't have to get out of the house in the morning!

FWIW, DD1 was 4 when DD2 was born and she did one full day and four mornings at pre-school.

peacefuleasyfeeling Tue 22-Jan-13 15:19:26

DDs nursery manager has contacted parents asking for indications as to how children's attendance will look in the new academic year so she can sort ratios and rotas etc.

I will be on maternity leave in September 2013 (DC2 due in June) but want DD to continue to attend nursery as she really loves it.

She currently goes for two morning sessions (2 x 3 hours), and will be eligible for her 15 free hours from September, so could potentially attend every morning (5 x 3 hours) or do two full days. Nursery is a short drive away (approximately 30 minute walk with 3yo and baby).

I am trying to decide how to play it and wonder if anyone has any insight or wisdom of experience as to what would be easiest?

Would you:

a) plump for a few hours alone with new baby 5 days a week (please don't think I want to get rid of DD wink), despite the faff of delivering and collecting?

b) opt for two longer days (perhaps it will help prepare her for longer days in school the following year?)

I don't want DD to feel pushed out either.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now