15 free hours taken from 3-6pm??

(3 Posts)
lizardqueenie Thu 06-Dec-12 22:06:22

Thanks for your reply Sam- yes that does seem to be the case. On closer inspection(turning over the page! blush it does seem that you could access 6 hours in one day if you wanted to & then explains for the costs outside of those hours for meals etc. that makes a bit more sense now.

SamSmalaidh Thu 06-Dec-12 20:45:07

I haven't heard that the hours have to be during school hours actually.

The nursery is presumably setting the free hours as 3pm-6pm as few people will want just those hours, so will buy afternoon or all day wrap-around.

lizardqueenie Thu 06-Dec-12 20:39:56

After a bit if advice as I'm quite confused about the 15 hours thing.
My dd isn't due to access this for a while yet but just trying to get my head around it @ think ahead. She currently attends a private nursery 2 full days/ week 8-6pm, it dies offer morning sessions, afternoon sessions with/without tea.

So from what I can gather from the info provided by the nursery, funding can only be accessed in sessions from 3-6pm? Is that right? I have a friend who used to work in a nursery who said it had to be "Pre-school hours" so 9-12 or 12.15-3.15 something like that. 3-6 does seem a bit of a strange time to me- any advice in whether this is right/ normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now