Bright Horizons / Teddies....

(4 Posts)
TiggyD Mon 01-Oct-12 19:55:41

As Kids Unlimited has it's own review thread, what are your opinions of Bright Horizons or Teddies nurseries?

The One I went in had issues, but they were recognised and were being dealt with.

2yr old DS is at a Teddies and we're very happy with it. The carers seem invested in the kids, they have great activities day to day and also have a group that brings animals in (snakes, rabbits etc) which DS loves. All in all, it's been a really positive experience.

Fluffanstuff Sun 21-Oct-12 22:32:33

As a professional worked very closely with bright horizons , generally good rep. Heard a few things about teddies though ..from managers at teddies about their staff. Would possibly stay clear.

Youaresoright Sun 28-Oct-12 17:40:23

Mine are at Teddies.

Ours was outstanding in its last Ofsted and I can see why - they are very professional and do everything properly (ie the babies' books are filled in every day without fail, the learning journals (or whatever they are called now) are always up to date, the weekly newsletter comes out every week without fail etc). In the weekly newsletter you can see that they plan their activities around what the children are interested in.

But the most important thing is the staff - who are all very good and very caring, very very low staff turnover. It had a wonderful atmosphere when I visited and I still think this is the case 2 years later. However this would depend completely on the nursery itself rather than the chain. I don't think you can judge any nursery without visiting it.

We also use another nursery, a small independent one, so I have a point of comparison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now