What to pack for nursery?

(6 Posts)
MoelFammau Tue 18-Sep-12 23:18:08

My DD begins nursery soon, 3 afternoons a week. What should she bring with her? I was thinking:

Spare change of clothes
Her wellies
Coat & hat
Nappies & wipes

Is this too much?

BikeRunSki Tue 18-Sep-12 23:21:38

Toothbrush if she is having a meal there.

Rubirosa Tue 18-Sep-12 23:25:54

Toothbrush? I have never known a nursery brush teeth hmm

I send - changes of clothes, wellies and rainsuit/hat and suncream depending on whether, wipes.

MoelFammau Tue 18-Sep-12 23:45:51

Oh that's a point. Nursery is council-run and part of the Smile tooth thingy so they're pretty big on cleaning teeth.

Sunscreen... well, this is Glasgow but you never know!

BikeRunSki Wed 19-Sep-12 08:28:46

Our nursery gets the children to try and brush their teeth after meals, and ask for a new brush every term or so.

blackteaplease Wed 19-Sep-12 08:33:30

At nursery my dd has a toothbrush, 2 changes of clothes, hat (sun/winter as appropriate), suncream and slippers. I send her in with waterproofs and wellies if it is wet as I am to stingy to buy spares. When she was having a nap they also kept a dummy there.

Our nursery provides disposable nappies and pull ups. When dd was in nappies I sent in a second bag with 4 washable nappies in, they kept it in the bathroom to make changing easier. I didn't bother with the washable wipes at nursery, thought it would be too much hassle for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now