Nursery dickybirds Wimbledon

(8 Posts)
hicksy1 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:26:52

Wondered if anyone could give me any information on dickybirds nursery on dundonald rd in Wimbledon, as my child is due to start and I'm slightly nervous after hearing about the tragic accident that happened there.. Just wanted to get other peoples opinions if they know anyone who's child has been there? Trying not to judge them on what's recently happened.. Help please

Snowballed Mon 17-Sep-12 20:39:04

Not Wimbledon, we used one of the others but it was fantastic. I was really shocked to read about what happened at Wimbledon. We had nothing but praise for them - really friendly company and they employ good quality staff who doted on our children.

insancerre Tue 18-Sep-12 20:11:29

what happened at the wimbledon nursery?

nannysouthlondon Sat 06-Oct-12 13:17:44

this happened...soo shocking

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/toddler-choked-to-death-on-jelly-cube-in-nursery-play-session-8134845.html

frijolitas Fri 12-Oct-12 07:05:43

Shocking and so sad. My heart goes out to the poor parents. Hicksy....I'm in the same position as you and feel similarly anxious now. What have you decided?

Trampoline Thu 08-Nov-12 19:00:53

It is a fantastic nursery - both of my children go to the other Wimbledon nursery, and myself and many other parents will give you 100% reassurance that the staff are wonderful, and that it is a fabulous environment for fun and learning. I have no hesitations or concerns.

yoda123 Tue 19-Mar-13 22:45:42

Hi, I was wondering if you ended up sending your child to Dickybirds. I am considering it for my 1 year old but still concerned about last year's tragedy. Do you know what procedures have they put in place on the back of what happened last year? Many thanks.

racheyp Fri 05-Apr-13 19:36:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now